Economy Customer charged 2 per cent 'carbon fee' at Toronto pizzeria

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This carbon tax seems to be looking like another tax that isn't going to be helping "The Climate"

In Toronto the Trudeau's and Canadian Liberal's Carbon tax had already started to be introduced
With a message.
What we eat fuels climate change.
Adding 2% to every restaurant bill to invest in carbon capture will help offset our carbon footprint.
This Carbon tax isn't just going to come to the restaurant chains but also grocery stores.

This carbon tax is just a tax.

This carbon tax seems to be looking like another tax that isn't going to be helping "The Climate"

In Toronto the Trudeau's and Canadian Liberal's Carbon tax had already started to be introduced
With a message.
This Carbon tax isn't just going to come to the restaurant chains but also grocery stores.

Are you taking night classes or something? Your posts are becoming eerily coherent lately.

With a message.

What exactly is carbon capture ? That sounds like some bullshit and that it's just cover for more taxes going to God knows what. I don't want to see that come to the states at all.

Reactions: N13
Plant trees and hug them. They eat carbon dioxide.

looks like instead of businesses increasing costs they are politicizing them.

Hopefully Canada turns it around, some of the citizens and government are becoming less intelligent by the day.

I think there's things like this in Europe as well. I think I'm paying something extra related to climate change whenever I'm ordering something.

Sadly this is going to cost the servers, less customers or less % of tip.
BTW the tax is bullshit too.
Probably not though. It's incredible what consumers will just put up with and maybe complain a little bit but not change their habits at all. Dude even said "I can live with 2%, but if it starts getting to like 10%, I might just cook at home".

Eating out is a hell of a lot more than just 10% more expensive than it was just a couple years ago, and he didn't change anything. Menu prices increased significantly, they've added more fees and tips went from 15-20% to more like 25-30% on the now much higher amount, and is extended to positions that weren't even tipped positions before.

Probably not though. It's incredible what consumers will just put up with and maybe complain a little bit but not change their habits at all. Dude even said "I can live with 2%, but if it starts getting to like 10%, I might just cook at home".

Eating out is a hell of a lot more than just 10% more expensive than it was just a couple years ago, and he didn't change anything. Menu prices increased significantly, they've added more fees and tips went from 15-20% to more like 25-30% on the now much higher amount, and is extended to positions that weren't even tipped positions before.
Yeah you're most likely right, the 2% isn't enough to be a deal breaker. Annoying though.

Five Guys was always a little expensive, but I would still go there because it was good shit. However, they increased their already high prices to the point where a burger and fries with no drink costs about $20. I have not been back there since.

I wonder if they will charge a higher carbon tax for all these services or products:
- First Class in a commerical airline
- Very high carbon tax bracket for owning or flying on Private Jets
- Very high carbon tax bracket for owning a yacht
- owning luxury goods, including designer clothes

In other words, if they are going to charge the average consumer a carbon tax for mundane things, then they should charge the super rich a far higher Carbon Tax % for the conspicious and over the top consumerism they engage in.

At some point people will have to call them out. Like literally show me how this is making a difference. Otherwise it's just another tax.

A tax is a tax. Well I'll be damned.

Where exactly does the $0.02 cents per transaction go?

Where exactly does the $0.02 cents per transaction go?
It's 2 cents for every dollar, and it helps pay for rising gas prices for the owner's new truck.

iu

Back