• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Curtis Blaydes calling out the UFC for protecting Derrick Lewis

TheItalianStallion

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://empiresportsmedia.com/ufc/c...-derrick-lewis-with-alexander-volkov-matchup/

I honestly have to agree. Since losing to both DC and JDS dominantly we all know Derrick Lewis isn't a top 5 HW. Since then they've fed him 2 out of shape bald midgets with ineffective grappling and 0 KO power. Also Lewis vs Overeem (the guy who finished Oleynik in 1 round) was the clear fight to make next not Oleynik a dude ranked outside the top 10. Couldn't be a more cherry picked opponent for him but hey it's heavyweight after all where logic goes out the window

He's one of the more popular and funny guys at Heavyweight. Of course the UFC will give him favorable match-ups so he can generate entertainment and most of all money.

Fighting everyone in his division except Blaydes proves this injustice.

HW division, perhaps second only to FW, is the most tedious division in the UFC right now, and none of these fights are exciting. I look forward to only one thing in this division, and that is Ngannou, now much more sensible in terms of take down defense and cardio, knocking Stipe out cold, and i don't even like Ngannou.

I would almost argue Oleynik is a bad matchup and could very well strangle Lewis.
dunno man, i like oleynik but the dudes fight IQ isn't very good.

he seems to want to brawl and gas himself out these days, despite him being the best submission artist at HW (i know werdum is technically better but i think oleynik has more versatility and tools when it comes to snatching weird subs).

won't be surprised if oleynik doesn't even try to get it to the ground and just tries to slug it out.

Put some respect on the Boa Constrictor’s name. I’ve already picked him to win that fight. Because he is neither a midget, and he does possess TKO power. The biggest argument against him is age. He seems to tire within 10 mins (which HW don’t?). And his stand up game is herky jerky.

But if that man gets a hold of you on the ground. You are likely in serious trouble.

Plus, I’m a fan of his love affair with his Amazonian wife. It’s all a great story.

War Boa Constrictor...

VigorousInbornBuzzard-size_restricted.gif

I have to disagree with Blaydes here. Lewis has fought 6 of the top 15, 4 of the top ten, and his next opponent is #11. Guys in the top five can't just fight other guys in the top 5 over and over again. Sometimes you just gotta fight somebody or you're going to just sit on the shelf.

Ivanov is a very respectable opponent coming off TWO losses. The Latifi fight was more of a one of fight, it's not like he has any kind of history of fights like that. Oleinik is a reasonable fight to take.

I'm sure this is Blaydes just trying to get that fight because he is an awful matchup for Lewis and getting Lewis while he still has a good rank is beneficial.

Last edited:
what?

A slower guy with terrible striking defense and not 1 punch KO power?

That is a perfect fight for Lewis.
I mean, the guy did sit Hunt on his ass with one of his haymakers. Him coming hard as hell out of the gate does give him a chance of cracking Lewis, as slight as that chance may be.

And he obviously has the ability to snatch a sub on the ground, so it ain't like he's a lamb sent to slaughter.

Francis, Volkov, DC, JDS...is Frank's son serious right now? he was fighting big titties just a couple of fights ago wtf is he talking about?

Did you watch the Latifi fight? Or Blagoy? Oleynik is a way better submission fighter.
Yeah but he has worse takedowns and worst striking. And he was under 230lbs against Werdum. Lewis will have like 50 pounds on him fight night.

HW division, perhaps second only to FW, is the most tedious division in the UFC right now, and none of these fights are exciting. I look forward to only one thing in this division, and that is Ngannou, now much more sensible in terms of take down defense and cardio, knocking Stipe out cold, and i don't even like Ngannou.
Ngannou hasn’t really shown any improvements in takedown defense or cardio

Not that he hasn’t improved, we just haven’t seen it

Francis, Volkov, DC, JDS...is Frank's son serious right now? he was fighting big titties just a couple of fights ago wtf is he talking about?
With no context his level of opposition looks good. The Francis fight was a staring contest and there was no real winner, He wasn't looking good against Volkov who later went to a close decision with Greg fucking Hardy, DC and JDS both destroyed him. Willis is a more game opponent than Lewis' last 2 imo

I don't see the problem with him being a fun fighter since we know he'll never sniff a title shot again.

It's not like he's a serious contender anymore.

Says the guy that lost twice to Ngannou. Unlike Lewis who made Ngannou freeze.

Back