Super Featherweight - Jul 16, 2008 - 11
Featherweight - Mar 19, 2005 - 14
Bantamweight - Mar 29, 1987 - 32
Flyweight - Oct 4, 2016 - 3
Light Flyweight - Sep 19, 2011 - 8
Minimumweight - Sep 1, 1999 - 20

Last edited:
Still hear people claiming fury is lineal. It’s fckin laughable

Sorry finding it hard to understand the format.

The weights listed are vacant from the date listed?

lineal titles being vacant for 32 years is kind of idiotic.

are we waiting for the lineal champion to come back and defend the belt?

if it's "vacant" for more than 2 years then the current best guy in the division should be considered the new lineal champion.

if it's "vacant" for more than 2 years then the current best guy in the division should be considered the new lineal champion.

If the champ vacates, then the new champ is the winner of #1 vs #2.
The problem is that the matchmaking in boxing is so bad that we can go literally decades without the consensus top two guys in a division fighting.

Still hear people claiming fury is lineal. It’s fckin laughable

Lineal Champs have gone longer without fighting. He is the man who beat the man, that makes him the Champ. One may not like him or how he did it but he won fair and square.

I feel like this is a subtle shot a Jesus, tbh.

If the champ vacates, then the new champ is the winner of #1 vs #2.
The problem is that the matchmaking in boxing is so bad that we can go literally decades without the consensus top two guys in a division fighting.
#1 and 2 according to...
Boxrec?
Some sanctioning bodies that never agree with each other?
You?

Lineal Champs have gone longer without fighting. He is the man who beat the man, that makes him the Champ. One may not like him or how he did it but he won fair and square.
Arguably he should’ve lost it when he tested positive and UKAD did really nothing about it because he was just a mess, seeing as the positive test was before the first Klitschko fight. A 2 year suspension and a NC ruling would’ve forced it vacant.

That said, I do believe he’s lineal champion

Last edited:
Was Floyd Mayweather Jr. the Last Lineal at WW?

I do like fury. He retired and served a ban for juicing though, so no, I don’t consider him lineal champion

He should be. But i think after floyd "retired" after beating pac they made Pac vs bradley 3 for the lineal title
Wouldn't that then make Crawford the lineal champ?

Wouldn't that then make Crawford the lineal champ?

Yeah but nobody really considered pac vs bradley as the lineal title. Mayweather is the last lineal WW champion as far as I'm concered

If he hadn't tested positive I'd agree, but I think that warrants him losing the distinction.

He should be. But i think after floyd "retired" after beating pac they made Pac vs bradley 3 for the lineal title

I've seen that argument made a few times, but I really don't think Bradley had done anything to warrant him being #2 or even #3 at the time.

Back