• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Current year without Gregorian calendar

Your question doesn’t really make sense. If you’re not using the Gregorian calendar what are you suggesting we do? Using a different calendar? Because we can do that if you’d like. Using the Byzantine calendar that used to be used by the Easter Orthodox churches it is the year 7532 which says that God made the earth in the Gregorian calendar year 5508 BC.

Armenians use an adopted version of the Julian calendar and for whatever reason year 1 for them was year 552 under the Gregorian and Julian calendars, so presently it’s the year 1462 with the Armenian calendar.

Speaking of the Julian calendar, you can use that if you’d like and it would still be 2024, but it wouldn’t be May 23 today, it would be May 10 because it’s slightly less precise than the Gregorian calendar in calculating the actual time it takes the earth to rotate around the sun, so every 129 years it’s off by an extra day from the Gregorian calendar.

Under the traditional Chinese calendar it’s the year 4721 with year 1 being the start of the reign of some mythical “Yellow Emperor” who is said to have reigned beginning in 2697 BC.

Under the Hebrew calendar it’s 5784. As far as I know like the Byzantine calendar it’s year 1 is supposed to be when God created the world in 7 days and made Adam and Eve but it differs by about 24 years I guess for for whatever reason.

There’s many more but these were a few I was familiar with so I specifically looked up the years to answer your question… assuming this answers your question? Like I said at the top of my post I wasn’t quite following what your question actually was.

Back