Current Tyron vs Conor ?

Stagliano

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who you got ? Would Conor be able to get Tyron's respect in the cage ?
Or does Woodley just walk through him like against Robbie or Kos ?

Conor would smash Woodley because Woodley hasn't got the heart for a fight any longer.

And this is coming from a guy who can't stand Conor.

I'd be an interesting one Tyron Woodley has looked like shit recently and Conor's looked good

Woodley would probably try to rassle for once, which would still give him a real chance at winning. If he doesn't he'd get creamed.

Wouldn’t say Tyron “walked through” Kos. It was a (great) slugfest & Woodley prevailed. But to your point the Conor who showed up for Nate II would have a decent chance against 2020 Woodley (or Lawler for that matter.) But he’d have to lay off that proper 12 poison for a few months & I’m not sure he can.

Woodley would probably try to rassle for once, which would still give him a real chance at winning. If he doesn't he'd get creamed.
Even if he wrestle he will gas out and Conor will Knock him out

Woodley is dead on these major MMA streets. When a fighter moves forward, and gets in good position to strike, but doesn't, it usually means that he is done with fighting at the highest level.

The hesitation to strike is a clear sign of a fighter who has lost the fire to compete for titles. Tyron should either quit, or make a living being a UFC gatekeeper. Tyron has always been hesitant, but at least he would fight back when backed into a corner. Now, he doesn't even do that. He simply accepts the weaker positioning and looks for a way to quit.

However, it is taking these higher level and more hungry fighters 4 or 5 rounds to beat Woodley, even when he is at his worst, and barely defending himself. This tells me that he can still beat the lesser skilled hype-trains coming from the Beta Leagues. He can make a career fighting those guys.

He is done in the Majors, similar to Rory MacDonald, BJ Penn and many before him.

Even if he wrestle he will gas out and Conor will Knock him out

Dude still has devastating GnP. If he could get Conor down in the first round and get good GnP in, he could win. If he can't, then yeah he'd gas. Though Conor doesn't have the best gas tank either.

Tyron has always been this way. He either demolishes his opponent or chokes. I don't know why people are acting like anything has changed.

Back