• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Current fighter who has demonstrated the largest repertoire of techniques

You didn't even mention the distinctive move in his arsenal.

I wasn't counting fouls or dance moves.
giphy.gif

Which currently active fighter has demonstrated the largest repertoire or move set (attacks, strikes, TD's, defenses, stances, scrambles, reversals, submissions) in their pro MMA career so far?
Who's pulled the most tools out of their toolbox?

Which currently active fighter has demonstrated the most limited repertoire or move set?
Sean Strickland? Tai Tuivasa?

Who's shown the most versatility in the cage?
Charles Oliveira? Demetrius Johnson? Jon Jones? Michel Pereira? Kevin Holland? Yair Rodriguez?

MOST DIVERSE
DJ, Jones, Anderson, Yair, Ferguson, Pettis probably in that order.

MOST LIMITED
Tai, Roy Nelson,

Last edited:
MOST DIVERSE
DJ, Jones, Anderson, Yair, Ferguson, Pettis probably in that order.

MOST LIMITED
Tai, Roy Nelson,

I think that's unfair to Roy as he had good BJJ, just didn't use it much in his later years.

Derek Lewis is more limited IMO.

I think that's unfair to Roy as he had good BJJ, just didn't use it much in his later years.

Derek Lewis is more limited IMO.

Lewis throws a beautiful switch kick...how many giant men you know that can do that?

Roy limited himself to only throwing an overhand right.

Usman is the guy I think of that hasn’t been mentioned yet.
But overall it’s gotta be Jon Jones

I hate to say it but I think it's Jones - the elbow wrench on Glover, the head kick into trip into TKO he did on Cormier, pioneer in the art of eye pokes, the oblique kicks, the guillotine on Gane, the spinning elbows, just so much variety

Lewis throws a beautiful switch kick...how many giant men you know that can do that?

Roy limited himself to only throwing an overhand right.

Watch Roy vs. Monson. He dominated him in the wrestling/on the ground and Monson is a BJJ Black Belt, D1 Wrestler, ADCC Champion.

He also had Arlvoski on the ground for awhile and threatened multiple submissions. I'm not even saying Roy was good, but he had a varied skillset. Nobody wanted him on top of them.

So he doesn't belong in the most limited of all time discussion based on some later fights where he chose to just wing punches.

Jones.

Suplexes, submissions, elbows, side kicks, oblique kicks, variants of every striking style. Might not be the most spectacular but he truly is a jack of all trades and does it all pretty well.
<JonesLaugh>

Watch Roy vs. Monson. He dominated him in the wrestling/on the ground and Monson is a BJJ Black Belt, D1 Wrestler, ADCC Champion.

He also had Arlvoski on the ground for awhile and threatened multiple submissions. I'm not even saying Roy was good, but he had a varied skillset. Nobody wanted him on top of them.

So he doesn't belong in the most limited of all time discussion based on some later fights where he chose to just wing punches.

Ok I said he limited himself, and I seen that fight.
He had skills that he didn't use which is by definition "limiting".

Back