Cups for SHORTER dudes? 5'5" approx.

krazyj

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm 5'5" and doing BJJ.

I bought a ShockDoctor cup and cup holder. I think the Small size was a little too wide and felt uncomfortable, although, I don't know how the cup should exactly feel...

The bulge was pretty excessive. Standing up with any shorts on, the bulge was bulging. Is that normal?

Does anyone have any advice to offer? Do I need to go with Teen Large?

For the record, Im 20 and my waist is 29-30ish.

The Shock Doc cups are pretty much one size fits all.

If you've never worn a cup before it may take a while to get used to it.

I suggest wearing it around the house for a while and you'll get used to the feel.

If you really don't like it - check this cup out: CSI Banana Cup

It's the cup that I primarily use. A small would fit you well.

Good luck.

The Shock Doc cups are pretty much one size fits all.

If you've never worn a cup before it may take a while to get used to it.

I suggest wearing it around the house for a while and you'll get used to the feel.

If you really don't like it - check this cup out: CSI Banana Cup

It's the cup that I primarily use. A small would fit you well.

Good luck.

Are you a smaller sized dude, yourself (height-wise)?

Wide cups are really uncomfortble. BIKE makes the thinner cups that you probably want.

rofl.

This thead has gone so far out of context.

Thanks for the Bike cup recommendation.

Wide cups are really uncomfortble. BIKE makes the thinner cups that you probably want.

Damn I thought I was just big. ;)

I have a bike cup and I feel it kind of pinches my package. I'll try out a shock doctor cup.

I had a Macho Cup and if freaking sucks. Pay a little more and got an Under Armor and is much better, I recommend.

I'm 5'5" and doing BJJ.

I bought a ShockDoctor cup and cup holder. I think the Small size was a little too wide and felt uncomfortable, although, I don't know how the cup should exactly feel...

The bulge was pretty excessive. Standing up with any shorts on, the bulge was bulging. Is that normal?

Does anyone have any advice to offer? Do I need to go with Teen Large?

For the record, Im 20 and my waist is 29-30ish.

get a kid's size?
get a Nuttybuddy small adult size?

I was mainly asking for experience. No smaller framed/height/stature/whatever guys here? Like 5'5"?

I'm 5'4". Tried Bike, XO, CSI, Shockdoctor and some no-name shit. Shockdoctor steel cup is the best so far, after that, the Bike flex cup. Everything else was so-so. None of it felt too big, just get used to wearing a cup.

I'm 5'4". Tried Bike, XO, CSI, Shockdoctor and some no-name shit. Shockdoctor steel cup is the best so far, after that, the Bike flex cup. Everything else was so-so. None of it felt too big, just get used to wearing a cup.

What sizes? ShockDoctor? Bike?

I was mainly asking for experience. No smaller framed/height/stature/whatever guys here? Like 5'5"?

I'd give the one that Cageside recommended a go. Boomer (Cageside) knows what he's talking about.

I'm a short guy too, but I don't have a problem with the Shock Doctor cup's fit, so I can't help you out there. Sorry. What Cageside said is right, they only come in two sizes - Teen and Adult. So wheter you buy adult Medium compression shorts or adult XL supporter, the size of the cup is the same. I actually find the SD cup very comfortable because prior to using them I'd only been using steel Thai cups, which are wider with a less tapered shape that doesn't conform to the body as naturally as SD cups, imo.

Back