Cup

IntgrB18C5

White Belt
Reaction score
aight so I wear compression shorts and when im rolling with someone my cup feels like it just comes up and feels like it moves and feels like it isnt over and/or protecting my junk and it becomes uncomfortable, any suggestions on how to fix this or is this normal, also ive never wore a cup before so maybe i just need to get use to it, let me know

i don't wear a cup... ever, not even for tournaments.

I've used them for years (since I had a ball injury while sparring). now it is not unconfortable at all. it is never as confortable as being without it, but alot safer

Do you have the shock doctor compression shorts with cup? The cup moves around in those like crazy. Try just a garden variety jock strap if you can't stand it.

Do you have the shock doctor compression shorts with cup? The cup moves around in those like crazy. Try just a garden variety jock strap if you can't stand it.

I have those..I've only managed to wear them once in a year..I like the idea of it..however the actual performance is poor. I like to wear the compressions shorts alone though..to keep your balls tightly packed...less likely to get mashed that way.

Hmmmm, maybe you guys need a smaller cup, I fill mine out just fine. :icon_lol:

Try the NuttyBuddy. I had never worn a cup before, but after getting smashed in the balls a couple times I decided it was time to start. I couldn't get used to it and hated it, so I reluctantly tried the NuttyBuddy. My balls are safe, and I think the design of it makes it damn near impossible to pinch a nad. My only qualm is that sometimes it digs into that sensitive area of the groin, where there is very little fat and I think where you vains run through. But I would say protection and comfort wise it's far superior to a regular cup. For $25, you don't have much to lose.

I used to wear one for judo, but then:
During a randori session, i ended up on my front (cant remember now) and the bloody thing had slipped during a throw attempt a few second befor. One of my balls was hanging out of the cup, and then my opponent got on my back. Felt like someone was trying to cut my tesctical off!

never touched one since...

its just some shorts from walmart but the cup i bought came with a jock strap so i might switch to that and see how it goes

but just after my first day of rolling my partners knee would knock into it and it would like stun me and all my muscles would go limp, it was really weird but i guess its cause im not use to getting hit with a cup on so i think its not there

For fucks sake...Wear a cup.

But yeah, if the thing is sliding around and moving, it's almost worse than rolling without one. Get a setup that fits right. That being said, FOR FUCKS SAKE, WEAR A CUP.

i don't wear a cup... ever, not even for tournaments.

Me either, I have never worn a cup while grappling. Accidents happen but both guys should have the control to where it isnt necessary. (I have never taken a hit to the vital area either)

i have had the occasional cross knee pass go awry, but more pressure to the balls, not a strike as such, if i am gettin a shin across my balls it just means i am too flat on my back, get on my side and work the 1/4 guard, if they are gettin the knee through, and if i get on my side and pinch my knees and roll to over attempting a sweep, as long as my knees are pinched my balls won't get squashed.

Back