Cung Le vs Machida...is possible!

YaoNYC

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If Cung beats Bisbing in a dominate fashion, its possible Dana White gives Cung a title shot at Machida (if machida beats weidman, which I think he will) as Cung's final fight!

Cung deserves the shot because of his status and history...

Imagine Cung vs. Machida? San Shou/TKD vs. Shotokan Karate...

I'd love to see that. I think Machida would pick him apart though

Nah. Le isn't getting a title shot.

Also, Dana doesn't "Make the fights"

it's not a huge possibility, but its possible since Dana likes Cung and this fight would SELL :)

doubt it. If Machida lost it destroys credibility of the division.

People just love overhyping Cung Le. He's not beating Bisping, let's stop that train before it takes off.

And even if he does he isn't getting Machida or a title shot.

If le wins and machida loses, then sure.

Would be an entertaining fight but sorry, beating Bisping and Franklin these days doesnt quite mean what it used to. There are far more deserving contenders at 185 than Le, even if he scored a tripple-backflip kick KO against The Count

How can people not use "dominant" instead of "dominate"? It's not that hard.

Where would it sell? In Asia, where PPVs isn't a big thing? You act like Cung Le is Jackie Chan or Jet Li. No one knows who he is. Doesn't he do the martial arts equivalents of Sci-Fi channel movies?

If Cung beats Bisbing in a dominate fashion, its possible Dana White gives Cung a title shot at Machida (if machida beats weidman, which I think he will) as Cung's final fight!

hUpBowf.gif

I like both fighters but let's be honest...Cung is a part-time MMA fighter who was well into his 30s before he got started. He hardly even used his spinning/flashy San Sou stuff in his last two fights, either. It's a young man's style. It's a shame he didn't start much earlier, but a 42-year old Cung is no match for a 35-year old Machida.

Cung deserves the shot because of his status and history...

Imagine Cung vs. Machida? San Shou/TKD vs. Shotokan Karate...

This fight won't be happening. Machida is too highly ranked. Cung Le isn't ranked in the top 10. And even if he does manage to get to the top 10 by beating Bisping, Machida would destroy Le / prime Le (and I'm a fan of both).

Would be an entertaining fight but sorry, beating Bisping and Franklin these days doesnt quite mean what it used to. There are far more deserving contenders at 185 than Le, even if he scored a tripple-backflip kick KO against The Count

This, jesus. Tim Kennedy just beat Bisping too, but you dont hear people calling for his title shot.

That would be neat. Throw in Pettis and among the three of them it will look more like breakdancing or La Nouba or some play about the history of martial arts.

I wonder which Cung le will fight bisping. Pudgy Cung le or tst Cung le

Back