• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cultural differences that annoy you....

Yes I am confused.
Are you trying to tell me the Loch Ness monster is not real?
How can not believing in something be a fairytale?

Once upon a time, someone didn't believe in the Loch Ness monster.

You are confused.

Last edited:
Asians who live in America don't tip, and break child labor laws by forcing them to work in whatever takeout restaurant they own.

Indians who live in America, don't tip, are shitty to service workers/apartment staff, and never discipline their kids.

And really, anyone who comes to America, doesn't learn English, and does everything the same way as in their old country.

Asians who live in America don't tip, and break child labor laws by forcing them to work in whatever takeout restaurant they own.

Indians who live in America, don't tip, are shitty to service workers/apartment staff, and never discipline their kids.

And really, anyone who comes to America, doesn't learn English, and does everything the same way as in their old country.

I remember when I was delivering pizzas as a college student...the complaints from my coworkers about not getting tips from Asians.

But whenever I delivered pizza to an Asian household, I got a decent tip :D

Were those customers tipping me being racist? Maybe, but I'll take the tip thank you.

The best tip was from when I delivered 10 pies to a Jewish Synagogue....I got a $50 tip...awesome for 15 minutes of work.

...you'll often meet who'll give you this shitty limp wrist handshake without looking you in the eye. Sometimes they'll just give you their fingers rather than their hand. I dislike it when a woman does this but if I meet a guy who does this, that is my his first impression of him and my respect for him drops before I even know him ...But still, if a man gives me a limp ass handshake, a part of me wants to smack him and tell him, "Shake my hand like a goddamn man."

A THOUSAND TIMES YES! and a huge pet peeve for me. I've taught my sons, don't try to crush someone's hand, but give a nice firm, confident handshake while looking the other man in the eye. It's a show of respect, as well as a clear signal that you warrant the same respect. It's not aggression or dominance, it's just acting like a fucking man.

In old school jitz training, we often started free rolling on knees to avoid slams when most of us had to work the next day. We always started with a handshake and, fair or unfair, whenever I got a limp wrist I knew I was going to own his ass. Maybe that confidence boost contributed to the outcome, I don't know, but I wasn't the only one who felt that way. The first time I met Rich Franklin was rolling at a seminar. He was an inch taller but I walked around at 225 and was a lot stronger. We started on knees and shook hands. He grinned and said he was hoping I would shake like a pansy, lol. Didn't matter, He still tapped my ass out.

A THOUSAND TIMES YES! and a huge pet peeve for me. I've taught my sons, don't try to crush someone's hand, but give a nice firm, confident handshake while looking the other man in the eye. It's a show of respect, as well as a clear signal that you warrant the same respect. It's not aggression or dominance, it's just acting like a fucking man.

I agree. They probably don't mean it that way but when someone gives me a limp wristed handshake, it feels like I'm not worth their effort to give me a proper greeting. But there are cultures that think if you give them a firm hand and make a eye contact, they see it as you trying to challenge them. I don't like the assholes who try to crush my hand either. I'm like this isn't a fucking grip strength contest bro.

I agree. They probably don't mean it that way but when someone gives me a limp wristed handshake, it feels like I'm not worth their effort to give me a proper greeting. But there are cultures that think if you give them a firm hand and make a eye contact, they see it as you trying to challenge them. I don't like the assholes who try to crush my hand either. I'm like this isn't a fucking grip strength contest bro.
I grip the hand firmly then increase the intensity for a split second then release it. Like a physical contact form of a head nod.

I deeply dislike some of the the old school men in the united states. I don't like their macho and angry code of conduct or the pride they carry in themselves about how great they are. I especially don't like the closed mindedness towards anything different that many american men of a certain generation hold.

The whole thing seems to me do be based on pride and arrogance and rigidity and closed mindedness. I used to watch westerns and really like them but these days I feel like that experiment has been played out and found to be lacking in emotional depth, insight, thoughtfulness or subtlety of any kind.

I cant watch westerns without thinking that this very code has played out and not ended well for us all. Old school men are tribal and their tribe allows for only a small window of humanity to partake.

Edited for clarity to avoid confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
forming a line/queue can get ridiculous, as it to me relates to others lack of personal space respect

just start Heisman'n people off you, they'll get the pt

Virtually everything being closed in Germany on Sundays was pretty infuriating, they aren't even really a religious culture

Pakistanis are very fucking pushy people. Like all of them. They also think everything is a negotiation and are cheap as fuck. Like dude, slow your role we ain’t at the flea market and my gloves aren’t for sale, especially for $2. P4P worst ethnicity/culture/country

Been dating a woman from China, she has been in US six years but has not assimilated much. She eats with her mouth open and it kinda drives me nuts. Super cute and about 10 years younger than me, she was a mail order bride that is now getting a divorce.

We were officially told to ignore any Bacha Bazi aspects of the Afghan National Army culture while training them (Man Love Thursdays isn't voluntary, if you don't know) even if we directly saw it occurring.....

Default French defeatism (<non, il est impossible!> to every damned initial question) vs. American optimism. I'm honestly not sure what's more infuriating.

We were officially told to ignore any Bacha Bazi aspects of the Afghan National Army culture while training them (Man Love Thursdays isn't voluntary, if you don't know) even if we directly saw it occurring.....

Didn't know what this was so I looked it up, really wish I hadn't that's discusting

- Spanish just pure assholes, in bad mood compared to most, rude.

HqzH7uE.gif

1 - North American tip culture.
2 - Asian people not knowing how to shake hands.
3 - Indians with their spices. They can't even taste anything anymore, that's why they go so overboard. Also, curry scented BOs.
4 - Asians eating and making noises. It's gross!!!
5 - Italians screaming and having arguments about every little thing.
6 - Chinese and their extremely personal questions.
7 - Canadians not greeting in the elevator. Is saying good morning really that difficult?
8 - Muslim women walking behind their husbands, fathers, brothers whatever.

Any culture with "strong sense of family".

Lady, I'm just trying to take you out on a date. Not your whole fucking family. And no, I don't want to meet your brother or father. It's just the first date, and I haven't even dipped my wick...

Back