Cub Swanson: My Fight With Dennis Siver is to Determine the Number One Contender.

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
cub-swanson.jpg

Swanson (18-5) has won three straight, all by knockout or TKO. In his last fight, Swanson stopped Charles Oliveira. He also owns TKO victories over Ross Pearson and George Roop.

Siver (21-8) is a 6-1 in his last seven, including two consecutive wins. His lone loss during his current run came while competing at lightweight to Donald Cerrone in 2011.

Source: http://www.mmaconvert.com/2013/01/1...o-determine-no-1-ufc-featherweight-contender/

I'm sure this won't be for number one contender. Erik Koch vs. Lamas winner or Zombie is more deserving I believe. I call bullshit. Thoughts?

Eh, I'd be okay with it as long as it was an exciting fight.

Eh, I'd be okay with it as long as it was an exciting fight.

Oh, I'd be fine with it too. I think Aldo annihilates either one of them though. They've both put together nice streaks, as well as the other contenders in the division. It's gonna be interesting to see how everything unfolds.

Personally, I think Siver puts up a better fight against Aldo that Swanson.

But I still think Swanson beats Siver.

Who the hell is KZ gonna fight when he gets back then? I thought he was gonna fight the winner of this fight for a title shot. I guess the winner of Koch vs Lamas then?

Ricardo Lamas, Erik Koch and Chan Sung Jung so ehhh, no

If Siver wins I can see him getting a title shot after the Koch/Lamas winner. Harder for Cub seeing how he lost to Aldo already.

Cub needs to win at least two more against great fighters before I care to see him mauled again by Aldo.

Yeesh we need to sort this shit out. You got winner of this, winner of Koch/Lamas, and still KZ in the mix?

Well first off I heard KZ is injured for awhile, don't know how long and please don't ask for source lol. Secondly, if Aldo does beat Edgar and moves up for some reason, then you have awhile to find contender. I say since he wasn't coming off a recent fight, have KZ vs winner of Edgar/Aldo, then I guess winners of the previous 2 bouts facing each other? Or since Koch/Lamas is sooner than winner of that gets title shot then Cub/Silver get winner of THAT?

Solved it. Genius

If Cub can beat Siver decisively then I'd say that makes him a pretty good argument for top contender.

Problem is there are quite a few guys in this division right now with 3+ straight wins and I really think it's just going to come down to whoever is the most vocal about wanting the shot. I think Cub is pushing for that right now which is great.

But yeah... Jose Aldo has already destroyed most of these guys in the division and I'm not too optimistic for his future challengers.

Both Swanson and Siver are betterfighters than Koch or Lamas imo. The KZ is injured (and has been for quite some time) while other fighters are building upon their own resume quite nicely. Jung would need a tune up fight as he has had a long lay off.

But Swanson could arguably be the #1 Contender for right now, if he beats Siver convingly. Not going to be an easy task, but this win should place him one over KZ, or at least up to par with him...

Both Swanson and Siver are betterfighters than Koch or Lamas imo. The KZ is injured (and has been for quite some time) while other fighters are building upon their own resume quite nicely. Jung would also need a tune up fight as he has had a long lay off.

But Swanson could arguably be the #1 Contender for right now, if he beats Siver convingly. Not going to be an easy task, but this win should place him one over KZ, or at least up to par with him...

lol Lamas subbed Swanson barely over a year ago and Koch is basically a better version of Cub everywhere.

probably shouldnt considering guys like KZ and Lamas but if its true go cub although i like both guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back