CSI Thai-Style Training Gloves TG-1 Thoughts/Experiences/Opinions?

Harukaze

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ran a search (admittedly not a VERY thorough one LOL) and couldn't find any info or reviews from folks who have experience with the Combat Sports Thai-Style Training Gloves (TG-1).
http://www.combatsports.com/csi/glo...-sports-thai-style-training-gloves-13570.html

So I ask about them now. :icon_chee Positives? Negatives? Value at $70 MSRP vs. $30 discounted price? Crazy long shot question: are they made by Windy (or Ringside)? And they are leather, correct? Thank you all very much!

Buy them at 30!!!!! I have a pair that I got from Clamp and I quite like them. Yes they are leather. The padding is quite nice. Good on the bag/pads and also good for sparring right away. Mine are 16oz and if I remember correctly they came in at a hair over. Very comfortable also.

In conclusion......good at 70 and a steal at 30.

Here are mine:

Last edited:
You da man, Rob. Thanks for the info! :D

I take it you are looking to buy from MMA Joes? I saw they had the Combat IMF sparring glove discounted as well. Was thinking of trying a pair of those.

I take it you are looking to buy from MMA Joes? I saw they had the Combat IMF sparring glove discounted as well. Was thinking of trying a pair of those.

Actually, there's a certain shop that I'll be by soon that has a price match guarantee (including online retailer prices), so I'll be saving on shipping on top of being able to try before I buy (which I have a minor obsession with haha)! :D

Actually, there's a certain shop that I'll be by soon that has a price match guarantee (including online retailer prices), so I'll be saving on shipping on top of being able to try before I buy (which I have a minor obsession with haha)! :D

You are in the Los Angeles area right? What shop are you referring to.

You are in the Los Angeles area right? What shop are you referring to.

I was until recently, but I'll be back really briefly to tie up some loose ends soon (hence my idea to stop by the shop). Anyway, I'll PM you the info so stock doesn't run out before I get there. :icon_lol:

What other brands does this mystery store carry that I can ask you to try on? We have no good stores here so I have to live vicariously through you...lol

I will be going to the store-that-will-not-be-named as soon as real life can stop getting in the way.

What other brands does this mystery store carry that I can ask you to try on? We have no good stores here so I have to live vicariously through you...lol
Cleto Reyes, Hayabusa, Fairtex, CSI, Ringside, Revgear, Venum, and Rival, although their models in stock vary over time (they used to have Twins, for example).
I'll also be stopping by On the Mat again as well (most likely), and they have plenty to try on!

I will be going to the store-that-will-not-be-named as soon as real life can stop getting in the way.
Have fun! :icon_chee

Cleto Reyes, Hayabusa, Fairtex, CSI, Ringside, Revgear, Venum, and Rival, although their models in stock vary over time (they used to have Twins, for example).
I'll also be stopping by On the Mat again as well (most likely), and they have plenty to try on!

Have fun! :icon_chee

Hmm...Interesting. Ok so here goes....try the Revgear Sentinels and the CSI IMF sparring gloves for me. I expect a full report :)

Hmm...Interesting. Ok so here goes....try the Revgear Sentinels and the CSI IMF sparring gloves for me. I expect a full report :)

If they're in stock, I'll let you know my thoughts on'em. Just be forewarned that this may be another Venum-like experience hahaha!

If they're in stock, I'll let you know my thoughts on'em. Just be forewarned that this may be another Venum-like experience hahaha!

Lol...oh I have very little hope on the Revgear but the CSI's may be decent. On another note....I do think you will be impressed with CSI's thai glove.

This is the only place I have near me in driving distance but the prices are insane compared to what you can pay online with shipping.

http://www.wpmas.com

Last edited:
Back