CSI Grappling Shin-Instep Guard

Gaylon Cooper

Orange Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Anyone try these yet? I think I am going to get a pair.

SIG-1.JPG

I love the look of those. My main problem with my fairtex ones are they slide so easily even thought I tighten them to wear they cut the blood flow off to my feet, well not that hard, but damn close!

I'm getting them for Christmas. I'll writ ea review at the end of january, lol. If you can wait.

Mestizo said:
I'm a bit weary of anything with neoprene.

I have had neoprene knee pads for years and I have loved them. I do not see how much diffrences this would be. just really stick to put on and take off.

Neoprene things get stinky fast. Everyone I know with neoprene kneepads also has very stinky kneepads. Plus it feels pretty disgusting if you don't wash it, and who washes shin guards? Neoprene aside, they look pretty good. If it ends up not being a problem I'll probably buy some eventually.

Upon further reflection, I seem to recall some differences in kneepads I've owned. Some sucked and some didn't, speaking texture and funk factor wise. Maybe it all depends on what kind they use to make it.

Mestizo said:
Upon further reflection, I seem to recall some differences in kneepads I've owned. Some sucked and some didn't, speaking texture and funk factor wise. Maybe it all depends on what kind they use to make it.

Funk Factor, lol I like! Gonna add this to my next review! :D

Heh, thanks. Maybe you want to review these? I think everyone trusts your opinion here, plust you probably have the money to do it.

Mestizo said:
Heh, thanks. Maybe you want to review these? I think everyone trusts your opinion here, plust you probably have the money to do it.

I would, but I don't have a pair, I use the ones Sergio gives us. I hate all Shinpads, fyi!

We use Twins and Fairtex at our school and they are the best made but even they slip and spin on you. The neo ones smell and they itch when you start sweating.

These are probably one of our Top Selling Items right now. The athletes from TUF 2 fell in love with them. They will not roll or move during your ground work outs, yet they are sturdy enough for leg kicks as well. Extremely popular right now... And for the xmas sale they are on special for $19.99 you cant beat that..

Dang, i wish i would've held off on the twins shinguards and bought these instead.

COMBATSPORTS said:
And for the xmas sale they are on special for $19.99 you cant beat that..

When exactly is it going to be put on sale? Right now I still see it listed as $39.99.

Hell, I don't care now, I'll just buy a pair and see for myself. For $20? No problem, just need to decide, blue or red... oh yeah, Combat Sports, how is the sizing? My Windy Pro Styles are medium and I like the fit, but most people wearing that size are taller than me. I'm just cuirous about the length and width thing. If I get a size that is the right length will it fit my leg (kind of thick)? Thanks for any reply information you give me.

COMBATSPORTS said:
These are probably one of our Top Selling Items right now. The athletes from TUF 2 fell in love with them. They will not roll or move during your ground work outs, yet they are sturdy enough for leg kicks as well. Extremely popular right now... And for the xmas sale they are on special for $19.99 you cant beat that..

Wow! Only $20! Man my christmas list just keeps getting longer and longer :eek:

Jammy, If you get ahold of me I will make sure you get that price. Or you can talk to a Customer service rep and use the catalog code AE. Then they will come up at that price.

Mestizo, go with the large, the production ran a half of a size off, so some of them fit snug, that problem will be fixed mid Jan. The vendor keeps sewing the lycra the wrong way so they do not fit like they should. But once again for 20 bucks you cant beat that. Plus when the new sizing gets in, I can replace them. In short go with a Large. Contact me if you got questions.

If anyone has questions feel free to call me or PM me..

Joe M

COMBATSPORTS said:
Jammy, If you get ahold of me I will make sure you get that price. Or you can talk to a Customer service rep and use the catalog code AE. Then they will come up at that price.

Thanks, I should have a couple of things ordered from you guys anytime now for Christmas.

COMBATSPORTS said:

Mestizo, go with the large, the production ran a half of a size off, so some of them fit snug, that problem will be fixed mid Jan. The vendor keeps sewing the lycra the wrong way so they do not fit like they should. But once again for 20 bucks you cant beat that. Plus when the new sizing gets in, I can replace them. In short go with a Large. Contact me if you got questions.

If anyone has questions feel free to call me or PM me..

Joe M

Thanks, I'll probably do that. My gym just started carrying them so i'll try some on before ordering (they charge about $50 a pair) just to make sure. Either way, i'm not passing up twenty dollar shinguards.

Back