CSI Fold-out Mat Bag review?

Yojimbo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey guys I did a search and couldn't come up with what I was looking for, but has anyone done a review of this bag with pictures and such? I really don't have that much gear, just my kimono, bag gloves, shorts, and a couple small things, so I'm sure it will have plenty of room left. I was just hoping someone had some pictures with a few things in the bag to give me an idea of exactly how roomy it is.

I plan on buying it soon, so if I do I will try to give a good in-depth review with pics.

BAG4.jpg

Yes I've seen that pic on every website that sells the bag, I was looking for something with a bit more detail.

I have that bag.
It will easily hold all the stuff you've mentioned.
I plan on doing a review of it (and many other things) as soon as I get some time.

I have that bag.
It will easily hold all the stuff you've mentioned.
I plan on doing a review of it (and many other things) as soon as I get some time.
Would you recommend it? It's on sale at CSI's website for $25. I figure for that price I'd be stupid not to pick it up.

ringside and matmonster sell the same exact bag. i own the mat monster one shown here

Rhino Gear Mat Bag from Matmonster.com

i must admit that the bag looks a lot bigger in the pictures. you won't have a problem as far as holding the stuff that you want. one of the side pockets is specifically designed to carry wet towels, shirts, etc. that pocket is not very big though.

it's a nice durable bag though. i bring this one and a everlast backpack with me to the gym. i'll post some pics for you in a few min.

This is all the stuff that I pack in my rhino gear fold out mat bag. As you can see it holds a good amount of stuff. I also carry a regular backpack that holds my wrestling shoes as well as a pair of bag gloves.

001-2.jpg

In the main compartment of the bag i have my gi, 2 pairs of grappling shorts, 2 pairs of mt shorts, an extra shirt, a towel, my shin guards, and my 16 oz twins gloves

in one of the side pockets i have my shooto gloves, a pair of handwraps for boxing gloves, and a pair of handwraps for mma style gloves

in the other side pocket i have my truth gloves

in the front pocket i have a jump rope, wrestling ear guards, a mouthpiece, gi belt, and a pair of wrist strengtheners

002.jpg

and this is what the bag looks like closed with all the gear in it

003.jpg

Awesome, thanks so much man, that's exactly what I was looking for. I doubt I'll be buying too much gear in the future, maybe a pair of sparring gloves, MMA gloves, shin guards, stuff like that. The bag definitely looks suitable for my needs.

Again thanks a lot!

no problem man. yeah i go a little overkill with the gear, but i always bring extras to the gym for new guys or people that just don't have certain stuff yet.

thanks for the pics liontamer. im looking to buy a gym bag. very helpful bro

Yes I've seen that pic on every website that sells the bag, I was looking for something with a bit more detail.

just wanted to post a pic so everyone wud know which bag-- looks like a good bag

just wondering what this bag would be good for? i mean, when are you going to be laying on the fold out mat?

i actually laid out on it during a wrestling a tournament i partcipated in.

Back