CSAC released UFC 227 fight day weights and almost everyone was up a full division

The entire point of weight classes is to match up guys that are similar weight and size. Cheating the system and finding a way around that is bullshit and cowardly.

I’m looking at you Darren Till.
how can you blame till when woodley cuts from 195 himself. I say that as a fan of woodley. fitch used to be 190 in cage. gsp 192. hendricks 190-195. lawler 190. usman walks around 188.
Everyone cuts alot of weight. But you are right regarding till because he DID miss weight twice and that is not acceptable. The others mentioned above dint so it's fine imo.

They both weighed 142 pounds. Meanwhile TJ is 149.5.

Nevermind that shit... Dude had almost 20 lbs on Holland.. Jesus.

They both weighed 142

So no Cody didn't weight more than Mighty Mouse

This thread is an absolute failure

He refused to go up in weight?

Get your shit straight.

209.5lbs fight night weight?
Thiago Santos must walk around at 225lb or more before a cut.

Cody needs to pack on some muscle. Dude looked frail and skinny in there.

Mighty mouse went 14-2 as a bantamweight.

Please shut the fuck up.

Last edited:
I don't get it, you are posting this just to basically hate on DJ?

I would say with all the swelling MM probably weighed more by the end of the night :p

MM lost the chance of his life. probably biggest discrepancy between fighting skill and intelligence ever

If both guys showed up on Fight Night weighing 209.5, I wouldn't care if they were fighting at MW or LHW. It's still a fair fight.

When one guy shows up weighing 16+ pounds more than the other guy, that's a problem.

One guy chooses to cut a certain amount of weight, the other chooses to cut more. There are advantages to everything.
Severe weight cutting has negative effects on the brain. It has negative effects on cardio. I'm sure a host of other things.

There is no controversy with weight cutting. It has been around forever, but the only difference is, some UFC guys are trying to go way too small for whatever reason.

Back