• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crystal light causes bloating??

Stearns777

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys. Ive been drinking alot of crystal light lately (5-6) bottles daily. After I drink them I feel really bloated and puffy. I get really bad gas and im not as lean as I use to be before i started drinking this stuff. I decided to cut all artificial sweet out of my diet. Anyone else experience the same thing??

Hey guys. Ive been drinking alot of crystal light lately (5-6) bottles daily. After I drink them I feel really bloated and puffy. I get really bad gas and im not as lean as I use to be before i started drinking this stuff. I decided to cut all artificial sweet out of my diet. Anyone else experience the same thing??

Not at all. I drink crystal light quite often and it has no ill effects.

honestly my stomach just feels upset and i get heart burn from crystal light and other shit that's like it.

why do you drink so much? i'd rather drink water

I used to drink it all the time. Dont remeber bloating though. If I have too much of sugar alcohol I bloat. I dunno TS I would simply move on to another drink if its a issue.

artificial sweeteners were invented to be hard to digest, so what do you think.

your problem is well known.

never had an issue.. i drink them fairly regularly....though you do seem to drink an awful lot of them.

meh... i drink water 99% of the time, but if I want something sweet I just drink good old fashioned coca cola or juice.

Sugar alcohols are the likes of xylitol and malitol. I have yet to see a beverage sweetened with that. I'm not familiar with crystal light, but i would guess that it is sweetened with aspartame/sucralose/asculefame, all of which are not known to cause bloating.
YMMV.

Back