• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Crypto Megathread v26 - Saved by the Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the green for me even after some terrible buys at ATH during 2021 as I got way too greedy....WAY too greedy.
Luckily getting in early in 2021 and recent DCA from like the last 2 months has helped some. It's all blue skies from here on out! ;)

Not sure what to do with my recent ADS that ran up 100% in 30 days. Do I take some profits or buy more? It just keeps on going slow and steady

50gXED.gif

Whoa, you must have had a big buy in price.
1000% is a 10x
It was first shilled on here at about $10 or $11 and is currently at $0.85 cents.

I've had bigger losses with SPAT, but thankfully it was my own sepculative play I don't think many others bought any or if they did they sold early when it started to tank.

I wish I had just trusted my own judgements and steered clear of the whole metaverse space which had a bump with the Zuckerberg announcement but has been a huge money flush since then.
It may well recover but I would have been able to get 10-20x more of whatever I wanted if I had stuck with my guns so it's not much consolation.

Lesson is- do not keep big money in lowcap projects, take profits. Have some of portfolio in PAXG or stables then you need to have at least half your portfolio in solid large or medium cap coins.

Lowcaps is gambling

Been reading up on inflation hedges and found this debate from last year. Obviously I’m a bit biased since I believe in crypto but this debate seemed incredibly one sided. Michael talked extensively about Bitcoin but Frank talked primarily about Michael.

Been reading up on inflation hedges and found this debate from last year. Obviously I’m a bit biased since I believe in crypto but this debate seemed incredibly one sided. Michael talked extensively about Bitcoin but Frank talked primarily about Michael.

Personally, and since I've been in the precious metals and numismatics game for so long, I have a hard time shaking off the concept that anything I can't physically possess, secure, and/or hold in my hand isn't really and truly mine.

Although I utilize them extensively at this point, I've always viewed safe-deposit boxes as suspect for the above reason.

Same with custodial wallets, mobile wallets, exchanges, etc.

Thinking forward, if/when governments get their heads wrapped around crypto/blockchain and then their grasp/influence via policy, even cold wallet manufacturers could be forced to include back doors or what have you.

Personally, and since I've been in the precious metals and numismatics game for so long, I have a hard time shaking off the concept that anything I can't physically possess, secure, and/or hold in my hand isn't really and truly mine.

Although I utilize them extensively at this point, I've always viewed safe-deposit boxes as suspect for the above reason.

Same with custodial wallets, mobile wallets, exchanges, etc.

Thinking forward, if/when governments get their heads wrapped around crypto/blockchain and then their grasp/influence via policy, even cold wallet manufacturers could be forced to include back doors or what have you.
I hear you. I still buy a bit of gold/silver each year. Just now I’m also buying BTC as well.

1000% is a 10x

I've had bigger losses with SPAT, but thankfully it was my own sepculative play I don't think many others bought any or if they did they sold early when it started to tank.

I wish I had just trusted my own judgements and steered clear of the whole metaverse space which had a bump with the Zuckerberg announcement but has been a huge money flush since then.
It may well recover but I would have been able to get 10-20x more of whatever I wanted if I had stuck with my guns so it's not much consolation.

I think people who bought that SPAT call also went down hard after you shilled it. So I wouldn’t go praising your own judgment too hard - ups and downs are the nature of the game. And to be honest, I have full faith something like WILD will recover where SPAT is likely dead forever (was a dodgy project with no fundamentals to be honest).

Low caps are high risk high reward - and allocation should be done accordingly. Market recovery always goes from BTC/Eth to large caps to mid caps to low caps. Good low caps will fly again - the trick is to know which ones actually have good fundamentals, diversify - and play the long game while keeping a good amount in lower risk plays.

Last edited:
I think people who bought that SPAT call also went down hard after you shilled it. So I wouldn’t go praising your own judgment too hard - ups and downs are the nature of the game. And to be honest, I have full faith something like WILD will recover where SPAT is likely dead forever (was a dodgy project with no fundamentals to be honest).

Low caps are high risk high reward - and allocation should be done accordingly. Market recovery always goes from BTC/Eth to large caps to mid caps to low caps. Good low caps will fly again - the trick is to know which ones actually have good fundamentals, diversify - and play the long game while keeping a good amount in lower risk plays.
I'm not praising my own judgement, I admitted I jumped on the metaverse bandwagon without full knowledge of what I was getting into and it backfired. I've also made other bad calls on various projects. I am simply pointing out that if I had somehow not been on here the last 6 months and not heard about any metaverse plays or BLXM etc, I would have about 50% more money.
API3, HBAR, LTO, AGIX, Smart VALOR have all been decent. Some have gone down but maybe only by 30-40% and API3 has gained quite a bit.

It's only some of the metaverse plays and very new lowcaps like BLXM that have done this big minus 10x or worse. I think you made a timely call for people to get in (apart from blmx) but you missed an important detail - level out profits. Metaverse and lowcaps are highly speculative and much more of a deep swing rollercoaster so this should be clearer.
Again, I'm not without fault because I jumped on the bandwagon as well but it was a riskier proposition from the start to go in heavy with lowcaps and hold money there.

Just filed my taxes. Just put in that I earned more on the KYC platforms than I really did and ignored the non-KYC earnings. We will see!

<Fedor23>

Not making any trades this year or selling anything so no reporting for 2022 for me!

Just filed my taxes. Just put in that I earned more on the KYC platforms than I really did and ignored the non-KYC earnings. We will see!

<Fedor23>

Not making any trades this year or selling anything so no reporting for 2022 for me!

After filing taxes, I made the decision not to sell anything for less than a certain amount as well. Just not worth the hassle with the way they make you report it. You can tell the idiots feds know absolutely nothing about crypto just based onthe way you have to claim things.

After filing taxes, I made the decision not to sell anything for less than a certain amount as well. Just not worth the hassle with the way they make you report it. You can tell the idiots feds know absolutely nothing about crypto just based onthe way you have to claim things.
Coinbase said I earned WAY more than I actually did. By a multiple of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back