Cruz' recovering ability is almost bizarre

Readybodisready

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That was one of the most impressive displays I've seen in MMA so far, I wish I had a gif of the KD in round 3. To go from completely limp whiling falling on your back to immediately look for a single and just actively recover, shortly afterwards being back on your feet and fighting on like not much happened. Now I know Cody was posing or whatever after the knockdowns, but I don't think he would have finished Dom even if he went after him, if you look in slow motion Cruz was already recovering before Cody could really make a move. I was never a fan but Cruz showed that he's one of the Greats even in losing.

Great thing to put a microscope on. He came back swinging after shots that take most people out. :cool:

That fight was a robbery

I think cruz is severely determined, arrogant even. I wonder what a heart to heart between him and jon jones would be like. Kinda reminded me of alvarez popping back up against conor. Codys performance was epic but props to cruz for that display of heart

I can't wait to watch the fight again. I was VERY drunk and just remember Cruz getting wrecked, but little in the way of details.

I thought it was gonna be stopped a few times

Cruz is crazy tough. He got dropped four times and stood right back up. I've never seen that from him before.

Recovery up there with Cormier in the rumble and gus fights!

Yeah, he's extremely difficult to put away it seems. Big for the weight class, great cardio and fantastic chin.

That said, he definitely appears to be slower, especially compared to someone young and athletic like Cody. Cody was able to completely shrug off his take down attempts, despite how well they were timed, and his punches seemed to have much more pop to them.

I still think Cruz could have success sticking and moving the entire the fight, but Cody really stepped up to the occasion and looked phenomenal.

I think bizarre is almost exactly the right word to use; i've never seen anyone get flat laid out, their strings cut like that, then just get right back up to what they were doing without visible signs of wobbling. Multiple times even.

It's his angles. He can get clipped but it's not the same way others get hit.

Yeah, he's extremely difficult to put away it seems. Big for the weight class, great cardio and fantastic chin.

That said, he definitely appears to be slower, especially compared to someone young and athletic like Cody. Cody was able to completely shrug off his take down attempts, despite how well they were timed, and his punches seemed to have much more pop to them.

I still think Cruz could have success sticking and moving the entire the fight, but Cody really stepped up to the occasion and looked phenomenal.
sticking and moving against the better more technical boxer?

Dom better stick to wrestling

both of them were winging their punches. you cant put a lot of power behind that kind of punch. none of those were real knock out punches.

i think cruz is more susceptible to getting dropped than other guys if something connects clean, with his weird movement he's usually at goofy angle and off balance.

Guys who have great cardio usually are very hard to KO

It's his angles. He can get clipped but it's not the same way others get hit.
I think it's partly this. When he gets hit he's not balanced as he is always moving so he goes down. It's just nobody else has been able to find him like Cody did.

Back