Cruz-Barao is going to be a great dissapointment!

Even if Cruz is a shadow of himself, Barao deserves a chance to beat him and get crowned legit.
Although it's puzzling how he is not technically legit now anyways.

This

Cruz will be in and out so much Barao will think he just got fucked by Malcolm Mcdowell.

*50 vcash to any one that gets the reference :p

Gave it away with Malcolm's name, you shoulda stuck with Alex:wink:

493d1824_vbattach110807.jpg

It's like people think Cruz is just sitting on his ass waiting for his knee to heal. lol

He's training hard and working to get his footwork back. He'll be ready physically. Mentally is the big question.

I think he's more likely to be mentally ready than physically. His style is too dependent on movement and maneuverability and that knee is going to be a major factor in how it works. Anything less than perfect and his fighting style will suffer for it.

I really do think Cruz would be better off taking a warmup fight before fighting Barao.

I think he's more likely to be mentally ready than physically. His style is too dependent on movement and maneuverability and that knee is going to be a major factor in how it works. Anything less than perfect and his fighting style will suffer for it.

I really do think Cruz would be better off taking a warmup fight before fighting Barao.

I'm inclined to agree with you. His confidence in his knee will, indeed, be a factor. You can look great in sparring and shadow boxing, but, how will he react if the going gets tough? Gonna be pretty interesting.

I hear what you're saying, but Cruz has a very mobile, highly active style. I pray he returns at something close to 100%, because Barao is arguably the worst type of fighter you'd want to come back to after that injury + layoff.

Honestly, I have to see what Cruz is looking like, right now. Admirable that you have faith, though.:cool:

I don't have faith in Cruz winning, but I do have faith that Cruz can return to the 2011 form and make the fight very competitive. If Cruz doesn't return to that form, I see Barao finishing him. Even without the injuries, I'd still back Barao to beat him, but via decision.

I think Barao should be the favourite, but I think that if Cruz comes back healthy he'll win.

McDonald was lighting Barao up with strikes in their matchup, and McDonald's striking speed is way slower than Cruz'.

War CRUZ!

Cruz has a style that gives fighters trouble baro is a smash a crush fighter i can see baro having trouble with Cruz but overall we don't know how Cruz recovered and also if baro can keep pace with Cruz the fighters who have had decent success with him have been hard punchers and as we know that isn't cruz

It will be Ultimate Fighter vs Dancing with the Stars.

Barao will try to fight, Cruz will try ballet. We'll see which style is truly the dominant one.

I think Barao should be the favourite, but I think that if Cruz comes back healthy he'll win.

McDonald was lighting Barao up with strikes in their matchup, and McDonald's striking speed is way slower than Cruz'.

War CRUZ!

you may think Cruz is faster because he is throwing pillows, Barao will go through that pillows ,Mayday has best hands at BW ,very underrated...

Cruz is a better fighter. He should win with ease

We won't know until we see it.

I think prime Cruz gives a guy like Barao a lot of problems - he's got ridiculous footwork and volume. He's one of the best point kick boxers in the sport with great cardio and competent as a wrestler and grappler. Save for KO power, Cruz is about as close as you get to a 'complete' fighter.

If he comes back at or near 100%, I think thats a wildly entertaining competitive fight.

i think the fight will great even if cruz is coming off a long lay off

And since when Barao destroying somebody is a disappointment?

Back