CRO Crop take down D

PAVMENT=MATT

White Belt
Reaction score
I tried using that take down defense style Mirko uses because he wasn't ever a wrestler but manages to defend colemans shoot, DAMN!
That

A prime Coleman would of having him on the mat in 5 seconds. Coleman couldn't concentrate on his takedowns because he was too worried about being hit.

Trust me - Mirko would work alot on his takedown defense because it's one of the most important aspects of his game. I'm sure he has trained with some good wrestlers.

Good use of Cro Cop's takedown defense.

However, I would caution you not to rely on CC's tactic. CC's defense, although good, did not do well against Fedor's superior Greco/Sambo/MMA takedown barrage. It would serve you well to also learn a good wrestler

Coach Couzo said:
Good use of Cro Cop's takedown defense.

However, I would caution you not to rely on CC's tactic. CC's defense, although good, did not do well against Fedor's superior Greco/Sambo/MMA takedown barrage.

If i remember correctly he avoided almost off of fedors takedown attempts until later on in the fight when he gassed and was basically pulling gaurd...thats a diffrent story.

TJS said:
If i remember correctly he avoided almost off of fedors takedown attempts until later on in the fight when he gassed and was basically pulling gaurd...thats a diffrent story.

Fedor, unlike most everyone else that has fought Cro Cop, did not push the ground game during the fight. He was content to fight where ever the match took him, be it on the feet or on the ground. I figured he'd be more aggressive with making the ground game, but he was comfortable whereever you put him.

John O'Brien said:
A prime Coleman would of having him on the mat in 5 seconds. Coleman couldn't concentrate on his takedowns because he was too worried about being hit.

Trust me - Mirko would work alot on his takedown defense because it's one of the most important aspects of his game. I'm sure he has trained with some good wrestlers.

I don't know a lot about the match but I can totally understand this. I wrestle in high school for the sole purpose of using and defending takedowns. I get reaaalllly good at them, but when I switch back over to MMA, it's difficult carrying wrestling into it. A grappler can get the takedown but against a striker who knows how to sprawl and defend, it's difficult.

Back