Critique of Diet

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
In an attempt to detox the chemical soup that I am, I have decided to design a diet around Berardi's guidelines (with a couple of exceptions that I will later expound upon)

I have no particular weight goal in mind, but rather, would like to adopt a lifestyle that I can maintain into the future.

Current weight: 221lbs

Meal 1: Half Cup Raw Almonds + 2 Squares 100% Chocolate + 1 cup assorted raw veggies
Meal 2: 2 Scoops Dymatize Whey Protein
Meal 3: 2 Boiled Eggs + 1/2 Avocado (raw)
Meal 4: 2 Scoops Dymatize Whey Protein
Meal 5: Half Cup Sliced Strawberries _ Half Cup of Blueberries
Meal 6: 8oz Lean ground chicken + 1 cup raw spinach + 1 cup raw assorted veggies
Meal 7: 2 Scoops Dymatize Whey Protein
Meal 8: Half Cup Raw Walnuts
Meal 9: 1 Chicken Breast + 1 Cup Raw Spinach + 1 Cup raw assorted veggies
Meal 10: 2 Scoops Dymatize Whey Protein
Meal 11: Half Cup of either Almonds or Walnuts (depends on what I have more of)

I eat approximately every 90 minutes, but in very small portions, hence the number of meals.

I decided to abstain from dairy and grain, as a) I am lactose intolerant (I take lactese in order to drink the whey) and b) Literature on the Paleolithic diet seems quite compelling.

I have been doing this for the past week, and have never felt better. However, I am somewhat concerned about my carb intake (is it on the low side?)

Any thoughts, advice, input, or criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

If your doing alot of training and things like that I would say your Carb intake is too low. But listen to your body if you have enough energy then its okay for you.

Could you please give us some info on your training regime (if any). That would provide some valuable info and make it easier to assess your current diet!

Could you please give us some info on your training regime (if any). That would provide some valuable info and make it easier to assess your current diet!

I go for a light jog every morning, and do olympic lifting four times a week (Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat).

Sometimes I will go to the gym in the morning to do some assistance work (weighted pullups, BOR, SOHP etc)

Yup the whey bugs me. As for carbs I don't think your level is bad for what you do for athletics. That being said gage your perofrmance levels etc, and then adjust your healthy fat intake it anything. If trying to add weight, then more carbs are fine, but even then not a true must.

Yup the whey bugs me. As for carbs I don't think your level is bad for what you do for athletics. That being said gage your perofrmance levels etc, and then adjust your healthy fat intake it anything. If trying to add weight, then more carbs are fine, but even then not a true must.

I would love to derive more of my protein from natural sources, but unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), my family is vegetarian. Getting chicken in the house was a major concenssion on their part, so I have to work with what I have :redface:

Back