Cris Cyborg vs. Lina Lansberg Targeted For UFC Fight Night Brasilia Main Event

Who Wins?

• Total voters
The fighter from the lower weight class always has the option to go up without performance loss. It's not possible for all fighters to go down in weight without performance loss. Even harder for women, and Cyborg already cuts a ton. If she could go to 135 and perform to her standards, don't you think she would've? She has probably tried.

Yeah that's why historically when fighters are doing poorly and change weight classes they move up...

Get the fuck outta here with that nonsense.

Ronda fans in desperate damage control mode lol

no no no Cyborg is a roider! she's a cheater! she's ducking 135! nooooooo UFC don't give her more fights no no no *rage*

Not a Ronda fan, unlike you, who's clearly in love with the woman.

And you didn't list excuses, you listed reasons anyone who likes her isn't a fan of MMA.

Well at least they're not feeding her opponents they think she can beat.
Oh wait...

Maybe you're not aware of the fact that telling Cyborg the only way to fight them would be to make the 135lb limit when they have already stated they would fight her at a catchweight is a lame excuse to back out of the fight. Holm and Tate have stated they would gladly take a fight with Cyborg at a catchweight of 140.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/2...-open-to-catchweight-bout-cris-cyborg-justino

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/18/11266244/miesha-tate-would-love-fight-against-cris-cyborg-what-do-i-have-toas

When these women were offered a contract to fight Cyborg the lame excuses start flying and now in order to completely avoid fighting her at the catchweight they were OK with before. Now they know Cyborg can actually make that limit and is still very dominating so they make the lame demand she make 135lb limit.

Even Nunes the current champion has completely distanced herself from a possible catchweight fight with Cyborg with the lame excuse of being too little even though she has fought at the 145lb division in the past.

http://www.todaysknockout.com/knockout-news/nunes-wont-fight-cyborg-catchweight/

Its written all over there faces all these women fear the Cyborg beatdown.
10000821.gif

They have nothing to gain fighting her at a catchweight but of course I agree with you--they'd likely get destroyed.

Interesting, as she used to walk around at 160:

Of course, now she can make 140, when before, at 11 pounds less, she could not make 135? Must be my math.

What a fat piece of shit! Obviously, she's not fat but blowing up to 171 between fights is pure foolishness. How hard is it to reduce calorie intake and shed some fucking muscle?

Yeah that's why historically when fighters are doing poorly and change weight classes they move up...

Get the fuck outta here with that nonsense.
They're moving down because the weight class below has a lower standard of performance.

Cyborg is always going to be more famous for cheating and being a dude than for a victory over a name.

another lamb to the slaughter

Cyborg vs who? At least they made an effort to build Bethe Correia before feeding her to Rousey.

Feel bad about this girl who's getting Jan Finney'd, I hope they pay her well.

Did he really compare Gina to Ronda? Yeah, Gina is better looking, but she continually fought smaller girls, and her best wins are Baszler and Kedzie. Sure, as a person from what I know of them I like Gina much better, but Ronda was a freakin' force of destruction at the time of her rise.

About the only thing they have in common is disappearing after their first loss.

I said "sort of" since wmma on that time wasnt what it is today, Gina had a 7-0 streak before facing Cyborg and it was the girl who everybody was talking about in the wmma circuit, the next "star" who actually made a career out of her short mma career. Of course Ronda´s lvl its above her but those were different times , actually she debuted pro 3 years after Carano´s retired.

About that point, what i meant is that cyborg´s been facing anybody who have been put in front of her. You guys can deny as much as you can, calling her can crusher and thats ok (even if u guys have no proof) but the girl haves been undefeated in 11 years and she pretty much smash any girl that comes around. Arguments, theres no arguments.

wait main event???? wtf??

can we boycott this event?

I said "sort of" since wmma on that time wasnt what it is today, Gina had a 7-0 streak before facing Cyborg and it was the girl who everybody was talking about in the wmma circuit, the next "star" who actually made a career out of her short mma career. Of course Ronda´s lvl its above her but those were different times , actually she debuted pro 3 years after Carano´s retired.

Ah, ok.

About that point, what i meant is that cyborg´s been facing anybody who have been put in front of her. You guys can deny as much as you can, calling her can crusher and thats ok (even if u guys have no proof) but the girl haves been undefeated in 11 years and she pretty much smash any girl that comes around. Arguments, theres no arguments.

Um, I posted the records of her opponents, and their weight classes elsewhere in the thread. Let us just say it does not look good. Her 3rd best win is probably Baszler, who was fighting at 125 at the time. She has a history of fighting smaller women with mediocre to poor records. At least she could pick on people her own size. Or not have gained so much weight when she was "trying to cut" to make 135.

I was wondering the same thing. Apparently, she got taken to school by Valentina Shevchenko in Muay Thai, and they look to be about the same size too.

Damn she is going to be murdered..

I sincerely hope that they do....then in two years time from now...all these shithead haters will be calling for the 135lb champ to move up for a superfight lol....and pretending they didnt act like complete fucking muppets before the division was made

That would be pretty funny. But I am sure they will find another excuse to attach themselves on to. They'll probably tow the Ronda Rousey " She's a cheater, she doesn't deserve a fight" excuse.

The difference is, there aren't even any no name bozos to put in a 145 division

Not too many years ago before the UFC started to promote the hell out of WMMA, I am sure like 99% of Sherdog didn't know more than a hand full of WMMA fighters. I am sure they can dig some up from somewhere.

Hell, Ronda ain't looking so good these days. She can be the second 145lb in the division.

No body wants to fight Cyborg, even my beloved Holly Holm turned down the fight...wisely.

Eventually they will have to start raiding prisons for the few brave enough to fight her.

Cyborg is the 145 GOAT - you want to be the GOAT woman well you have to come challenge her - where you at Ronda? Stuffing your mouth with chicken wings thanking the Lord Dana Fucking White you don't have to fight anymore.
Ronda is out catching Pokemons

Back