Crimea could cost Russia $400bn this year alone

Kirku

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Link

The West is threatening further sanctions should Russia proceed with the formal annexation of Crimea. There is no need. The crisis has already cost Russia $187bn so far and almost certainly wrecked any chance of economic growth this year. And the impact of the crisis could do roughly $440bn worth of damage over the whole year – and that is before the West inflicts a single cent's worth of sanctions.

To be honest, I've no idea about the credibility of this report (and it does seem high) but it's interesting nonetheless.

They can afford it, aren't they a soon to be economic powerhouse who is going to rival China and the US?

Where is Big_D and that stupid graph of his when you need it?

Big_D, where you and your graph at?

According to the news the head of the largest manufacture of steel in Russia has had number of private meeting with Putin. He is already seeing that its impacting his business. He is concerned that it will likely cause a global slowdown in material sales.

There's an economic downside to illegally snatching up land from other countries? You don't say.

That's a lot of money.

The vast majority of those loses are market loses, which I've talked about for weeks and Nebi/Big_D have been rebutting it with "but listen to this Putin speech, man!!!"

Now, I don't think it is gonna reach 400 billion though. They're going to make up some money if they sign that China deal, and some of that was about fallout of Ukraine banks who owe Russia a lot of money, and I'm not sure the EU is gonna allow that.

the most important question is to me,

will it be bad or good for Europe, I wonder if Russia has economic meltdown maybe they will drop the fuel/ gas prices for us Europeans ;)

That's okay, Russia will cover the debt with their new imaginary currency.

That's okay, Russia will cover the debt with their new imaginary currency.

I watched an episode of The Kardashians and, by observing their vacuous behaviour, I've come to a similar conclusion.

China

There's no loss if you have another buyer. If I promise to sell my football to one guy for 10 quid but sell it to another for 15, I'm not at a loss for a tenner am I? But this is probably just one of those other statistical tid bits of propaganda which get thrown around. It's like every time Russia, Iran or China does something ambitious we have western bureaucrats printing out stories about how it's pointless because they'll come to a loss in something or other. Here's one for you, the total costs of the wars in Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan are around 4 trillion. Didn't stop them. They don't care.

Last edited:
Apparently Russia didn't learn their lesson the first time.

America feels comfortable with enemy Russia. American politicians are really high on their ability to use the American financial system to isolate and contain other nations.

Meanwhile, China is the one that will close the gap closer than anybody thinks.

If you watched Survivor, you wouldn't say this.

I saw The Kardashians and it quite clearly demonstrated Mick's statement.

Everyone knows that Survivor is low-brow mass-market crap. The Kardashians, on the other hand, is a highly respected font of economic and political knowledge.

China

There's no loss if you have another buyer. If I promise to sell my football to one guy for 10 quid but sell it to another for 15, I'm not at a loss for a tenner am I?

I don't think you read the article.

Back