creatine: to load or not to load?

A

anti_clwntwn**

Anyone here taking creatine monohydrate? If so, how do you take it? I'm mostly wondering if there is any need to load for a week.

nope. no need to load.

nope. no need to load.

that's what i thought, but from what i read 'it's not possible to attain the magic level of creatine in your muscles, without loading "

i'm not to keen on taking creatine 5 times a day, even for a week. I'd like to just take it in my pre wo shake on lifting days....

creatine is cheap.

You might as well load.....unless you're poor.

To sell to Luke Cummo.

why not load to see results faster? according to numerous sites, it could take up to 4 weeks of taking 5grams a day to catch up to someone loading 20g for 5 days. might as well

Isn't there a peak rate at which most people's kidneys can filter creatinine? I'd be slightly worried about that when it comes to loading..

I understand the point of it not costing shit to load, but be mindful at least if you do it. Maybe my concerns are unfounded... It's probably easier to just take 5g 1-2x a day, anyway. Loading seems like a pain in the ass, cause you can't do it all at once.

i loaded once and lol after the 1st week you feel huge!!

i take 2 table spoons and dissolve it it 250ml of hot water then i fill it up with cold water ---so its like a 2litre drink---and i drink tht everyday--- i dont care for loading

It's my understanding that you only need 5g of creatine every other day. Can anyone confirm this?

Isn't there a peak rate at which most people's kidneys can filter creatinine? I'd be slightly worried about that when it comes to loading..

I understand the point of it not costing shit to load, but be mindful at least if you do it. Maybe my concerns are unfounded... It's probably easier to just take 5g 1-2x a day, anyway. Loading seems like a pain in the ass, cause you can't do it all at once.

whatever the rate is, it would be fast enough... I mean its not like your taking 20 grams all at once. If you split up 5g 4 times a day you can space it out to be about every 3-4 hours. Im sure thats plenty of time to filter out 1-2 grams of creatiinite that didnt get absorbed.

I started taking this about a week ago, and i did load. About 20g a day. About 2 days ago i started feeling a little more "firm" in my arms, and legs.

This is my first time taking it, and i could be feeling this way because of working out, but its pretty cheap, ill load next time unless i find somewhere that loading does nothing.

Loading does nothing performance-wise.

Back