creatine question.

A

atemijutsu

i searched around here for an answer but i came up short. iv started using creatine, and i have a question about how to take it. i have creatine monohydrate in a powder form, and the pack says blend with a drink, which is allright, but im wondering does it have to be dissolved into it fully? just because iv been taking it in water, but it never dissolves properly so i just drink the mixture. is this gonna be detrimental to its effects or does it not matter? thanks in advance.

no, you are fine...

5g before workout 5g post workout....and godspeed or something

You need to take it with adequate fluid to ensure you don't get cramps. The creatine will dissolve in your stomach, not in the glass. You must drink enough water, though. Otherwise your body will draw water from nearby organs to dissolve the creatine, causing cramping. 16oz should be a safe amount of liquid to have no risk of cramping with a 5g dose.

no, you are fine...

5g before workout 5g post workout....and godspeed or something

WTF?

Did you even read his post and the part where he said he was taking it with water?

atemijutsu: I used to take my creatine with lots of dextrose (sugar) to increase the uptake. But have just been recently informed that taking it with sodium increases the effectiveness even more.

Mix it in gatorade and call it a day. Be sure to drink plenty of water while supplementing with creatine; atleast a gallon a day.

WTF?

Did you even read his post and the part where he said he was taking it with water?

atemijutsu: I used to take my creatine with lots of dextrose (sugar) to increase the uptake. But have just been recently informed that taking it with sodium increases the effectiveness even more.

Mix it in gatorade and call it a day. Be sure to drink plenty of water while supplementing with creatine; atleast a gallon a day.

thanks 4 the advice man. we dont have gatorade over here tho...also, wat does he mean by godspeed?

Umm he already said he was taking it with water...

I disagree. It isn't 10g/day, it is 10g/workout day and 5g/day. A lot of people dose their creatine like that, myself included. Creatine stores are at their lowest after a heavy workout.

I disagree. It isn't 10g/day, it is 10g/workout day and 5g/day. A lot of people dose their creatine like that, myself included. Creatine stores are at their lowest after a heavy workout.

God, I'm striking out on my responses today...

I'll try dosing my creatine like that. When do you take your daily allowance when your not working out? On workout days do you take it immediately before and immediately after?

God, I'm striking out on my responses today...

I'll try dosing my creatine like that. When do you take your daily allowance when your not working out? On workout days do you take it immediately before and immediately after?

I take it every morning and after every workout. Its not really a strike out, base hit.. you don't HAVE to take it after workouts too, but you'll maintain maximum saturation over a longer period of time if you take it after a workout as well. I think most major creatine makers recommend you dose like that, anyway. I keep things easy and mix it in with my greens+ in the morning and my post workout shake to save time and guaruntee I don't miss a dose.

Edit: I would like to note that I think some people do wait on workout days to take a dose before their workout and a dose after, I guess its supposed to help keep intensity up during lifting. I don't like to do that though just cause I don't always know when I'll be going to the gym in the morning and I'd also hate to not take it in the morning then miss a dose due to skipping a gym session.

bottom line...just make sure you take some creatine:)

Back