Craziest Thing You've Ever Called

KhabibTheBeagle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Have you ever predicted something correctly that few saw coming, such as Serra whopping GSP in their first fight? Did you see Dillashaw starching Barao? It's an interesting topic for me, so please post your correct crazy predictions below, and why you made them.

Sonnen submitting Shogun. Specifically with a choke to boot.

I knew Alessio Sakara vs Jorge Rivera would get cancelled three times.

I also knew Jones would bust his toe against Sonnen, the writing was on the wall for that.

Called Werdum beating Cain... but that was hardly a crazy claim as many saw this comming.....

i called tito beating schlemenko. didnt think it would be a sub tho

if memory serves brock was the fav against overeem? and i knew reem was gonna give him the beatdown

werdum being the first to beat fedor. prediction made to friend in 2005. hail mary, of course. but i lived with this feeling for years. when i heard they would fight, i knew it would happen.

i called tito beating schlemenko. didnt think it would be a sub tho

if memory serves brock was the fav against overeem? and i knew reem was gonna give him the beatdown
On paper, you'd look at Schlemenko's record and Tito's and think the fight was a squash match. In reality, Tito was bigger and stronger, and he squashed Alex.

i picked weidman to finish silva both times. i felt he was tough enough (mentally and physically) to handle silva's offense, although i thought his wrestling would be the difference... i thought he would submit him in both fights.

however, huge underdog predictions are few and far between on my part.

werdum being the first to beat fedor. prediction made to friend in 2005. hail mary, of course. but i lived with this feeling for years. when i heard they would fight, i knew it would happen.
Wow, now that is a hell of a prediction to make. Now, Werdum has really put it all together, and it would be less shocking to make that prediction today. Back then, it was unheard of.

I was dead sure Jamie Varner would finish Barboza in the first.

Called Werdum beating Cain... but that was hardly a crazy claim as many saw this comming.....
I expected Cardio Cain to show up and do what he does, but Werdum had other plans. Very happy with that result, especially after DC's shit-talking.

Well I didn't see it as crazy but I called Bigfoot beating Fedor all the way back in 06-07. Fedor nuthuggers came unhinged.

On paper, you'd look at Schlemenko's record and Tito's and think the fight was a squash match. In reality, Tito was bigger and stronger, and he squashed Alex.

i never gave up on tito. i thought it was weird alex was the favorite, but i also didnt excpect tito to sub him in round 1. and when the fight started and alex started landing some strikes and moving i was nervous but tito got em

Ellenberger knocking out Shields
Miocic embarassing Nelson (this was right after three first round KOs by Roy)
Vitor being the first one to knock out Hendo

But my favourite one is predicting that Rafael Dos Anjos will become a great fighter, after he went 0-2 to start his UFC career. Although even I didnt think he would become a champion.

This past weekend I was actually talking shit to my girlfriend during the rousey card, I didn't want to buy it because I knew it was going to be a beatdown, but she wanted to watch rousey so we bought it. While the main card was sucking ass and dragging by I told her we were staying up 6 days to watch a fight that would last 34 seconds.

i was watching fedor vs werdum fight card at the beach, and i just got the feeling fedor would lose, called hendo beating fedor (my friend was so butthurt over it)

I was dead sure Jamie Varner would finish Barboza in the first.
That was back when Barboza had the scary-striker mystique about him, and nobody questioned his chin. I still think Barboza has a decent chin, and I never saw a first-round TKO coming. Varner was a beast back then.

Called Rossow beating Todd Duffee seconds before the finish.

I was watching Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Kamal Shalorus and I said to my friend "I feel like Dos Anjos is about to kick this dudes head off" and then a few seconds later RDA rocked Shalorus and knocked him down HARD with a headkick and then finished the fight with a choke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back