News Crawford vs Madrimov - Tszyu vs Ortiz & Pitbull Cruz vs Valenzuela Saudi/PBC/Matchroom/Salita show in Los Angeles Aug.3rd

I honestly don't really care about him. He's never going to be a real factor in a division at this point, just inserting himself into big money fights every 2 or 3 years that he never really earned that no one really cares to watch.
i talked a lot of shit about his career at 147, but i think we all have to admit he is the man now. he has all 4 belts and he absolutely dismantled the only guy in the division who looked like a legitimate rival. since moving up to WW he's knocked everyone out and took all the belts. granted, he dragged his feet for fucking years, but he did eventually do it.

and before that he unifed 140, where he also finished everyone except postol. it's hard to say he isn't a factor in a division when every division he enters he eventually cleans out, with knockouts.

i hate his cautious approach to taking fights, but the bastard is 40-0 and looks fresh every time he fights. who's to say he isn't going to wreck havoc at 154? if charlo hadn't fucked around with canelo and kept all his belts, bud could've taken his third division straight by blasting him out of there. as it is, he can get them in 3 fights, and if he enters the division by beating up a title holder in madrimov, we can't really bitch about it.

i'm not a big fan of crawford but i have to begrudgingly give him credit. he's a bad motherfucker and his fights are exciting. come on. we're all watching.

i talked a lot of shit about his career at 147, but i think we all have to admit he is the man now. he has all 4 belts and he absolutely dismantled the only guy in the division who looked like a legitimate rival. since moving up to WW he's knocked everyone out and took all the belts. granted, he dragged his feet for fucking years, but he did eventually do it.

and before that he unifed 140, where he also finished everyone except postol. it's hard to say he isn't a factor in a division when every division he enters he eventually cleans out, with knockouts.

i hate his cautious approach to taking fights, but the bastard is 40-0 and looks fresh every time he fights. who's to say he isn't going to wreck havoc at 154? if charlo hadn't fucked around with canelo and kept all his belts, bud could've taken his third division straight by blasting him out of there. as it is, he can get them in 3 fights, and if he enters the division by beating up a title holder in madrimov, we can't really bitch about it.

i'm not a big fan of crawford but i have to begrudgingly give him credit. he's a bad motherfucker and his fights are exciting. come on. we're all watching.
Imo it would have been his 4th division takeover, not 3rd.
When he defended his 135 belt with an iconic KO, Gamboa was the best other guy in the division.

Imo it would have been his 4th division takeover, not 3rd.
When he defended his 135 belt with an iconic KO, Gamboa was the best other guy in the division.
Crawford has only ever fought in 3 divisions. This will be his fourth. At lightweight he was the top dog but soon left for junior welterweight. I wouldn't say he took it over. That would imply that he practically cleaned it out.

Crawford has only ever fought in 3 divisions. This will be his fourth. At lightweight he was the top dog but soon left for junior welterweight. I wouldn't say he took it over. That would imply that he practically cleaned it out.
Imo if you’re already champ and then beat another champ, and you both are considered light years better than the red of the division, that as good as any takeover in my book if you’re aiming to move up.

Remember though, Gamboa did hold the right before that fight regardless of how they stripped it.

Imo if you’re already champ and then beat another champ, and you both are considered light years better than the red of the division, that as good as any takeover in my book if you’re aiming to move up.

Remember though, Gamboa did hold the right before that fight regardless of how they stripped it.
The problem is that Bud's title reign at lightweight was very short lived. He took the WBO strap off of Ricky Burns, then defended it against Gamboa (who wasn't a champion), and then defended it a second time against Beltran (which won him the vacant lineal & Ring Magazine title). Had he beaten some of the other alphabet titlists and actually unified then you could say he took over the division. However, he didn't.

Bud finally built a name for himself with casuals and wasted an entire year to fight someone no one has heard of. The guy severely mismanaged his own career. Obviously talented but rarely proved it.

How someone can shit on Canelos resume but praise bud is just beyond me. Bud career to me is not hall of fame worthy.

Bud finally built a name for himself with casuals and wasted an entire year to fight someone no one has heard of. The guy severely mismanaged his own career. Obviously talented but rarely proved it.

How someone can shit on Canelos resume but praise bud is just beyond me. Bud career to me is not hall of fame worthy.
I don't see any boxing fans shitting on Canelo's resume. It's the best around. As for Bud not being HOF worthy, I hope you're kidding. Becoming a two-division undisputed champion, particularly within the three & four-belt eras, is extremely rare. Only a few guys have ever done it and Bud is one of them.

Bro he’s 36 and had very few signature wins.
I don't see any boxing fans shitting on Canelo's resume. It's the best around. As for Bud not being HOF worthy, I hope you're kidding. Becoming a two-division undisputed champion, particularly within the three & four-belt eras, is extremely rare. Only a few guys have ever done it and Bud is one of them.

Are you joking? Many fans shit on Canelo.

Buds is a hall of fame talent, I don’t think he has a hall of fame career. The Spence fight yes probably put him there. But overall his talent didn’t match his career.

He had a mayweather talent but doesn’t have a mayweather resume

Are you joking? Many fans shit on Canelo.

Buds is a hall of fame talent, I don’t think he has a hall of fame career. The Spence fight yes probably put him there. But overall his talent didn’t match his career.

He had a mayweather talent but doesn’t have a mayweather resume
Fans shit on Canelo for other reasons. Not because of his resume which is the deepest in the sport. Bud is a lock for the HOF. He's what you call a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Just watch. After he retires in his very first year of eligibility he'll get in.

Fans shit on Canelo for other reasons. Not because of his resume which is the deepest in the sport. Bud is a lock for the HOF. He's what you call a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Just watch. After he retires in his very first year of eligibility he'll get in.

Of course he’ll get in. But is his career underwhelming? Yes. Before Spence I don’t think he had any real signature wins

Of course he’ll get in. But is his career underwhelming? Yes. Before Spence I don’t think he had any real signature wins
He's only had an underwhelming career because it was poorly managed. You said this yourself. However, he still has HOF credentials. There are hall of famers with no signature wins. For instance, Golovkin is a future HOFer and he doesn't have any (Canelo would've been his lone signature win had he gotten one of the decisions).

Buds career is a what if. Didn’t live up to his potential. Should have a pacquiao resume

Buds career is a what if. Didn’t live up to his potential. Should have a pacquiao resume
That I do agree with. His resume could be far deeper than it is. Bud's still got a few years left. He should make the most of it. Get the big fights.

which signature wins did he miss when he stomped everyone at 140 and 147?

his age is a problem, but to suggest he isn't already incredibly accomplished is just stupidly ignorant.

which signature wins did he miss when he stomped everyone at 140 and 147?

his age is a problem, but to suggest he isn't already incredibly accomplished is just stupidly ignorant.
I really wish he would fight Boots. It would be a bigger win than any other fight at 154 and probably the Ali vs Foreman moment of his career.

A once in a generation talent that flew into the boxing scene at least 10 years too late. He could have been one of those very rare fighters whose record has no losses without any form of cherrypicking but now he's at the latter end of his career and he may just end up being "the best in his weight class" instead of the TBE.

Maybe he's just the type of person who wants to provide for his family with the prize money instead of forging a lasting legacy.

I really wish he would fight Boots. It would be a bigger win than any other fight at 154 and probably the Ali vs Foreman moment of his career.
No it wont… nothing about Boots has an aura of foreman… unless somehow Boots knocks out Spence in the first round.

He will just be the canelo to his floyd with hardocre fans shitting on him for fighting a green boots.

I say he should just continue trying to chase the real canelo like he is planning.

Back