Cowboy vs Matt Brown?

Brown would probably whip him in the clinch. Elbow him to bolivian.

I think it's a bit too soon for Cowboy after just fighting someone like Oliveira, however I really don't see either fighter turning down that fight if it was offered to them. Matt Brown is currently matched with Maia though, but other than that I'd definitely tune in to watch it though.

Back to LW for Donald, unless he takes some time off (which we know he won't) to add some muscle, or I have a feeling he would get man-handled by most top WW fighters.

If this fight ever happens, they need a gentlemam's agreement for no body blows.

It was cool to see Cerrone at welterweight, but he's gonna have a really tough time with any guys in the top-15. I don't think Benson would have, just because he's ridiculously strong, but unless Cowboy really devotes some time to bulking up, he's going to get outmuscled by everyone. I'd prefer to see him return to lightweight, honestly. No reason he can't take fights at ww here and there, but lw is where he belongs. I'm a huge Cowboy fan and I just don't want to see him get torched by bigger, stronger guys.

Instead of Cowboy vs Cowboy, we'd get liver vs liver.

I see body shot double tko as the only possible result.

If Cerrone doesn't take time to put on some muscle he would just get bullied.

But I'd favor uber-cerrone in a future fight

It would be a fight though. Idk who else would be a good match up for Cowboy at 170.

Cerrone was getting owned by oliveria, before the sub, he would get dominated by brown

That would be fucking awesome, yeah. A lot of people are suggesting Thiago Alves for Cerrone next, which is also fine.

For my money, Cerrone should get a top ten at WW, because honestly, he's only ever a win or two away from a title shot. If Brown beats Maia, that's a feasible number one contender fight (in other news, title shot for Maia with a win over brown)

Donald Cerrone vs Patrick Coté or Nick Diaz would be great too.

That would be fucking awesome, yeah. A lot of people are suggesting Thiago Alves for Cerrone next, which is also fine.

For my money, Cerrone should get a top ten at WW, because honestly, he's only ever a win or two away from a title shot. If Brown beats Maia, that's a feasible number one contender fight (in other news, title shot for Maia with a win over brown)
I like the Alves/Cerrone match.

Alves is a good match up as well but the dude can't stay healthy anymore. Poor Cerrone keeps getting new opponents last minute.

this would be an awesome fight and what makes this so interesting is that both guys have very similar strengths and weaknesses

In the striking Cerrone didn't look all that great which is why he went to the ground. I really expected Olivera to be at least decent with his BJJ but Cerrone tooled him pretty bad. I wouldn't really mind seeing him face Brown after Maia beats him though. I don't see Brown beating Maia unless it's by crazy KO considering how good Maia is with his takedowns. Even Rory had a lot of trouble with Maia's takedowns and Brown's takedown defense isn't even comparable.

Cerrone looked good against one guy who is still a relative newcomer. It doesn't mean he can hang with the big boys. Matt Brown would destroy him.

Cerrone looked good against one guy who is still a relative newcomer. It doesn't mean he can hang with the big boys. Matt Brown would destroy him.

Okay, so who should he fight at 170 next? Alves never makes it to fight night now a days so I really don't want to get my hopes up when he pulls out. Plus Cerrone gets opponents pulled from him left and right.

Back