Cowboy Cerrone appreciation thread

Cowboy is one of the best fighters ever

tenor.gif

and true legend of the sport.

giphy.gif

I was living in Tallahassee for a short time and he was driving through and tweeted out if anyone wanted to grab a Budweiser and I of course tweeted him back and I think we met at a TGI Fridays and I got to have dinner and get wasted with the man himself and his wife. Literally noone else showed up and it was one of the coolest things that has happened to me Lol. He is a very down to earth dude and very easy chat over beers with.

OK this is.bananas man. What did you guys talk about. Is he as authentic as he comes off in the public eye? I can't imagine he isn't.

The guy is kind of a tool and had some Neo-Nazi ties, but otherwise he's an absolute savage when he's on. I was ready for him to retire years ago, but he will definitely leave a void.

One of the most memorable non champions to ever do it. The rate at which he fought, his kill or be killed approach. Being such a unique individual on top of his willingness to step in short notice constantly. Guy deserves a hall of fame spot when he decides it's time to ride of into the sunset like a cowboy should. He's had a rough back end to the career at times, but definitely going to miss him when he's finally gone.

Used to be my favorite fighter. Then he fought Conor...

Impossible to dislike Cowboy.

True legend.

I would be very happy if this weekend was his last fight though tbh. He has zero left to prove and is not improving whatsoever. Time to call it a day and kick back in the ranch
The term 'legend' gets thrown about way too much.
He is a gatekeeper who did a good job and should be appreciated for that, nothing more nothing less.

Cowboy is one of the best fighters ever and true legend of the sport.
Hey Murder_Kick, how did you get the double yellows? I've never seen you post more than throw away one liners. Did they reprogram you with a dark side?

Last edited:
Lived up to his Cowboy moniker through and through. An absolute gunslinger. He’s the Doc Holiday of MMA, and has always been a willing and able huckleberry. Nothing but massive respect for Cerrone. What a fun career it’s been to follow.

The term 'legend' gets thrown about way too much.
He is a gatekeeper who did a good job and should be appreciated for that, nothing more nothing less.
Man, if you bumped into him at the gas station you’d be all over him for photos and autographs, we all would and don’t pretend otherwise for a second lol

Man, if you bumped into him at the gas station you’d be all over him for photos and autographs, we all would and don’t pretend otherwise for a second lol
Honestly I wouldn't as it's not my personality but I would say "hey" if there was a chance to talk and be courteous about his long fighting career. I wouldn't call him a gatekeeper to his face as that would be rude although he is one.

Honestly I wouldn't as it's not my personality but I would say "hey" if there was a chance to talk and be courteous about his long fighting career. I wouldn't call him a gatekeeper to his face as that would be rude although he is one.
Yea that would be kinda autistic,
Hey cowboy, are you a real cowboy? Ever win a UFC title? How did your fight with Conor go? I’m pretty sure you should have lost versus Niko fuckin Price dude.. and so on lol

Back