• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International ***COVID-19 Breaking News v19: U.S. coronavirus deaths top 100,000***

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It probably helped to accelerate the number of cases around the holiday season,” Vail said.

“But human behavior is the predominant factor in the spread of a virus, and the fact that it happened when the weather became colder and in the midst of the holidays when people gather is not an accident.”

Or you know, the Governor trying to force people to stay inside their homes with each other may have had something to do with that as well. I mean it's only been proven since longer than anyone has been alive that illnesses spread in the winter time because people are more likely to be indoors with each other, which means they're forced to be in closer proximity than they normally would.

So why not put out orders to try and force people to be in close proximity of each other for longer than they naturally would have? Great decision.

But yeah Dr, go ahead and try to blame it on people not being able to control their behavior during the holidays.

man did you miss the point of what the Dr said. Good gracious

a rapidly mutating super cold virus that happened to come out of a wet market next to a Level 4 Chinese biohazard facility. Yet America talks about election conspiracies and pizza gate.

I understand California has the most cases, but per population California is 26th in cases and 37th in deaths. The Dakota brothers and Rhode Island are far worse.
Good point. But even with that cali was one of the better states earlier in 2020. Now it's a shitstorm.

a rapidly mutating super cold virus that happened to come out of a wet market next to a Level 4 Chinese biohazard facility. Yet America talks about election conspiracies and pizza gate.
Idk, my professor feels its man made. I dont know enough to prove or disprove it.

At least america can start competing with china now that it has its own strain. May the best strain win!

Honorable mentions for the uk strain

How can you not question what the media and "science" tells us after the last 10 months?

It's not much different than other places like Europe or the US in terms of getting the disease, and it's COVID-19, most people will get better without taking anything. It's a virus after all and treatment consists of treating the symptoms.
If you're 30 years old and healthy your chances are virtually equal if you're in Brazil, the US or Uganda. You will probably cough a little and get better at home.
If you're older or have some comorbidity such as diabetes, then stuff gets a little more complicated. If you have insurance or money you will get decent treatment in Brazil. It will basically be the same as in any first world country, you will have good doctors, diagnostic equipment, ventilators, oxygen etc.
If you're poor and rely on public hospital you will have a lack of equipment, overworked staff, and possibly die due to a lack of oxygen while on a ventilator. That's what happened in Manaus the capital of the state of Amazonas. But that's deep in the Amazon where things can only come by plane or boat as there are no roads connecting it to other states.

In resume, it's the same except if you're poor and need a hospital.
Now, there is also the problem with the new variants. These are not more deadly, they're possibly more transmissible but most worryingly they're POSSIBLY able to evade antibodies generated by the current vaccines or a prior infection.
The variant found in Brazil and South Africa, but not the UK, have these characteristics. The problem is that you may get it and send it back home. I think, eventually it will happen, anyhow. Biden has a half assed ban just like Trump back in March.
You know when Trump banned the Chinese but not the British? When at the time the British probably had a much worse scenario than China. Biden is banning Brazilians, some LAmericans and the Portuguese, but guess what, these people will transmit the virus to other nations and these will go to the US.

I'm sure by no coincidence at all... whatsoever... CNN killed it's Covid tracker by no coincidence at all.... the day Biden took office. Perhaps we bring it back to follow the new strains? What about the lives at stake!

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200916205119-exp-tsr-todd-trump-keeps-promising-a-health-care-plan-and-protections-for-preexisting-conditions-00025123.jpg

It was obvious this was political from the start when the media, especially CNN, wouldn't bring up COVID at all when reporting on the BLM protests or when they did, they would say "derp, COVID didn't spread". Then the next day, they would do hit pieces on 5 hicks from Kentucky that were not social distancing and trying to shame them.

We also found a new strain sometime over the past month in South Africa.
It's a virus. Viruses mutate.

Would make sense. They had been doing pretty damn well for so long (considering their population and density) then suddenly got kicked in the nuts

I was saying this would eventually happen 6 months ago and people called me conspiracy theorist.

I understand California has the most cases, but per population California is 26th in cases and 37th in deaths. The Dakota brothers and Rhode Island are far worse.

Honest question, could this be because most people in Cali are not as fat and get more sun? Maybe those other mentioned states have more fatties and less fun in the sun?

Honest question, could this be because most people in Cali are not as fat and get more sun? Maybe those other mentioned states have more fatties and less fun in the sun?
I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it played a role. I'm sure it's a combination of things including peoples belief and practices. I'm sure there are many reasons why So-Cal is so much higher then Nor-Cal. Hawaii is lowest in cases and deaths. There is no lockdown and it's very populated even without tourist. I may actually go there in April with my family. Wife already has both vaccines. I will get my 2nd hopefully on Thursday.

Shit I can't even fly to Texas without being in quarantine for weeks after returning. So now I'll lose my plane tickets for the trip I had to bail out on last March.

In Michigan, Whitmer has kept winter youth sports shut down despite the drop in cases in the entire Midwest (Michigan included). Now even the Superintendent of Detroit Public Schools (by rule, very far to the left) is at the end of dealing with Whitmer's restrictions. When even the DPS superintendent is threatening legal action, perhaps it is time to finally own up to the fact that the governor's response has failed Michigan's residents, and to chart a new course.

"Please do not let this frustration reach the level of a lawsuit against you and the state," Vitti said. "Coaches, student-athletes, and their parents are in conversation with attorneys. Standing on this matter is clear regarding mental health, physical well-being, and the loss of scholarship opportunities."

https://www.freep.com/story/news/ed...er-winter-sports-michigan-schools/4246010001/

At least one coach of a large school in Detroit openly talking about all the schools getting together and just ignoring the Governor's orders:

“I would love to think, and this is just me talking, that there could be a mass movement of presidents, superintendents, principals, athletic directors, coaches within leagues that could organize as a league and then leagues could get together and go to the MHSAA and it would be such a groundswell to the MHSAA that the MHSAA says to the governor we’re moving forward, we understand your concerns, but we can’t afford to do this for the health, safety and well being for all of our young people, boys and girls in all these sports that have been delayed. That’s for the well-being of the MHSAA too, because a lot of people are going to leave the state.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...exodus-latest-winter-sports-delay/6695508002/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back