2 questions for old school fans! Who designed the UFC Ulti-Man logo? +

JPW328

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
1: The story behind the Ulti-man logo used in the early days of UFC. What is the name of the graphic designer that created it? I remember people used to say it was modeled after Bas Rutten…
IMG_8415.jpeg

2: What fighters (what image) appeared on the UFC 1 poster? The image was supplied by Rorion Gracie.

IMG_8414.jpeg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
@HI SCOTT NEWMAN should know the answers :)
haha hey you know what I geuniely don't know the answer to this one :D usually I'm good at remembering anything from the NHB days but I don't know this one. I always thought the ulti-man looks like GSP lol, people say Rutten as well, but obviously it was used in UFC 1 and those 2 didn't come to later, Rutten came a few years later and GSP many years later.

I used to have the ulti-man t-shirt in blue color, I loved that shirt. Very similar to this one... but mine was a bit more darker blue than this one

s-l1200.jpg

Hey, you callin my mans old?
haha so old I either forgot the answer or I don't know the answer lol, hope its not the forgot reason :D

I used to love that ulti-man logo, when I first saw GSP fight it reminded me of him, it looks so much like him, the way ulti-man is built and the bald head. I remember saying to my dad at the time hey that new Canadian guy looks like ulti-man :D

The guy on the ground is definitely Marco Ruas. You can tell by the ears and hair, most remarkably the little patch where hair doesn't fill in between the temple and forehead. Same style knee wraps as he used vs Paul Varelans as well.

marco.jpg

@Richard Fannin one of the users with "Richard" in their name is full of amazing old school knowledge. I think it's you so you better deliver. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN has nothing, I regret all the dick pics I sent him :mad:
It gives me something to look through while we're in playbyplay with all the UFC Ad breaks, those UFC Apex cards are brutal with the amount of ads, constant ads, only so many times I can go to the kitchen to make food haha.

I flick through them on the ads breaks, well it kills the time doesn't it, no harm :p

Time travellers visited the 90s and crafted the logo in the image of the UFCs future savior — Dana White.

Back