Countries that buy foreign athletes to represent them

Who's that big name Judo guy in MMA? Ishii? Didn't he compete for the US cause Japan has rules in place that once you compete professionally you can't be on their olympic teams.

i agree with everything you said except for the fact that every nation should be restricted to one athlete per event. the premise is that every nation sends their best athlete.

I disagree.

Kenya's #3 marathon runner is fantastic and still one of the best in the world.

She/He is certainly better than Luxembourg's #1 marathon runner.

Why should She/He lose a spot in the olympics over someone they are clearly better than...simply because of their passport?

France's entire immigration policy has been modified to make it easy for people from African countries to immigrate to it for participation in sports. They have farm teams for this purpose as well.

Only England fans get mad about this whenever their National Team inevitably craps out of whatever competition they're in.

I disagree.

Kenya's #3 marathon runner is fantastic and still one of the best in the world.

She/He is certainly better than Luxembourg's #1 marathon runner.

Why should She/He lose a spot in the olympics over someone they are clearly better than...simply because of their passport?

im sure the patriots b team is far better than tampa's A-team. but you only get to put one team in the NFL.

Hey man. Not all countries can create super athletes from years of selectively breeding slaves and then supress those people to push themselves extra hard to make it out of the harsh conditions they live in. Not gonna get a better athlete farm system than that.

Hey man. Not all countries can create super athletes from years of selectively breeding slaves and then supress those people to push themselves extra hard to make it out of the harsh conditions they live in. Not gonna get a better athlete farm system than that.

This is bullshit.

But you agree with the rest?

Well, it's hardly part of some grand conspiracy to create better athletes, but it certainly seems that a desire to get out of poor conditions is one reason that you see african americans succeed in a lot of sports. Because they don't have the same options to go to university etc. etc. they look at sport as a means of making it out of those conditions. That's not just true in america.

Well, it's hardly part of some grand conspiracy to create better athletes, but it certainly seems that a desire to get out of poor conditions is one reason that you see african americans succeed in a lot of sports. Because they don't have the same options to go to university etc. etc. they look at sport as a means of making it out of those conditions. That's not just true in america.
Its exactly what the US does.

Isnt that what the US does with soccer. Isnt half our team from Germany?

I seem to remember when the US hosted the FIFA World Cup back in 94, much was said that many of our players learned how to play soccer while growing up on military bases in Germany.

This sounds like third world country behavior.

France-National-Team-e1531684402400.jpg
A1 Stevie Wonder post.

Back