Could Khabib beat Tyron Woodley?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No one talked about this match up. What do you think?

I personally think Khabib has a great chance. He could wrestle Woodley down and finish him with strikes or a submission. Standing, Woodley poses some problems. He doesn't pose as many problems as Conor does though.

Weird match-up, but yeah Khabib by decision.

Poor T-Wood never gets his dues.

I’d go with Tyron by decision.

He doesn't pose as many problems as Conor does though.
Actually he poses more problems. Better tdd than Conor and a way better wrestler than Conor. Not to mention that bomb of a overhand right and he's physically bigger..

Tyron would be the favorite

Tyron was an all america and has KO power. He also doesn't mind making fights boring.

Woodley would easily stuff all of his takedown attempts and KO him on the feet.

Woodley is bigger than Tibau, his TDD is just as good, and he's a far superior striker with legit one punch KO power. I know Khabib has improved since then, but Woodley is a nightmare matchup for him.

Woodley has a nice quick counter bomb that would land nicely on Khabibs Tito head.

Khabib ragdolls 99% of people division below or above him, but not Tyron Woodley. Literally Khabib's worst match up.

/edit: other nightmare face-ups for him are Colby and Lee.

I wouldn’t be surprised if woodley stuffed the takedowns early

Woodley would easily stuff all of his takedown attempts and KO him on the feet.

Woodley is bigger than Tibau, his TDD is just as good, and he's a far superior striker with legit one punch KO power. I know Khabib has improved since then, but Woodley is a nightmare matchup for him.
Exactly what I was going to say, with the difference being Khabib has shown to have better conditioning during a grappling-heavy fight.

Tyron could lose by decision because Khabib has better cardio in a grinding fight. Tyron could be wore out by the 3rd round, but other than that scenario, I think Tryon has the advantage everywhere else. I think it would be interesting, but I would favor Woodley. After Till demonlishes Woodley, it won't matter.

Are you forgetting Tyron is a wrestler first and foremost? Khabib's NEVER faced a wrestler of Tyron's level in the UFC. Don't even mention Al Iaquinta lol.

Has Tyron ever had a match where he grappled most of the time? If so, how'd he do? I just wonder how his cardio would hold up in the championship rounds.

Woodley disengaging any time it gets 1 meter close and will throw some punches from far out is his game plan for this one.

As much as it seems attractive, it's gonna turn out boring, we've seen it happen with Woodley before.

"Khabib is a beast!" - Tyron

Back