Could Conor get out of that choke?

Demian+Maia+Neck+Cranks+Rick+Story+UFC+153.gif

once Khabib extracted enough juice, possibly
How far away from death was Rick Story there? Like if he stopped resisting for a second but didn’t tap Maia would’ve cranked his head off.

<{Joewithit}>

Sometimes this stuff scares the shit out of me

<6>

How far away from death was Rick Story there? Like if he stopped resisting for a second but didn’t tap Maia would’ve cranked his head off.

<{Joewithit}>

Sometimes this stuff scares the shit out of me

<6>
for real, man

sometimes subs are way scarier to watch than KO’s
neck.gif

really hoping this dude’s mom never saw this^

You don't need to be an expert to know that you're not getting out of that position with anybody decent, let alone world class like Khabib there.
When someone locks it in, you're done. Khabib grapples with DC everyday, so there was no escape for Conor.

This is Sherdog, bro. EVERYONE is a BJJ expert. And buff, smart bad asses

Yes, he could have gotten out of it. Only risk was a broken jaw. No air or blood restrictions were in play.

It doesn’t even look that bad other than everyone is acting like khabib is some heavyweight strength having man beast.

Some roided up heavyweight cranking on a neck like that might be scary tho (Brock, ubereem, jds) but not any lightweight.

Okay, I can absolutely guarantee you haven't rolled before lmao

Okay, I can absolutely guarantee you haven't rolled before lmao

You act like rolling once would give you insight into a neck crank. You also act like rolling is something special that makes you tough. Anyone can walk into a gym and roll it not a big deal.

You probably consider bjj matches fights.

2ELwwtU4j53sMoZIMfGvg9hyNRQMNxVRXMuCBwc-2BSsQOymHXMon57fV8leIVIF5rtfrypsCin_dqZ90iByKGm222kRcmCrwUPngenIo8hY=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

You sound like a BJJ dork who is afraid of the killer BJJ neck crank.

latest

Last edited:
You act like rolling once would give you insight into a neck crank. You also act like rolling is something special that makes you tough. Anyone can walk into a gym and roll it not a big deal.

You probably consider bjj matches fights.

2ELwwtU4j53sMoZIMfGvg9hyNRQMNxVRXMuCBwc-2BSsQOymHXMon57fV8leIVIF5rtfrypsCin_dqZ90iByKGm222kRcmCrwUPngenIo8hY=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

You sound like a BJJ dork who is afraid of the killer BJJ neck crank.

You just embarrassed yourself even harder. Why so defensive when called out??

If you think what you're saying is true, feel free to go to a BJJ gym nearby and ask a 170 lbs male to get you in a neck crank lile that and see how it feels. Feel free to record your masterful escape and upload it here to prove your assertion.

He had a palm to Palm grip, so his jaw wasn't in jeopardy. If he fought the hands, he could have gotten out of this imo. If he locked it in full, you can break the jaw. If you lock in full and twist their neck to the side, it twists off the veins in your neck and you can go to sleep. Happened to Josh Neer once but I can't remember who pulled it off.

You just embarrassed yourself even harder. Why so defensive when called out??

If you think what you're saying is true, feel free to go to a BJJ gym nearby and ask a 170 lbs male to get you in a neck crank lile that and see how it feels. Feel free to record your masterful escape and upload it here to prove your assertion.

Compared to a top level UFC fighter I’m a joke. What does my reaction to a neck crank by a 170 lbs male have to do with the original question?

Could Connor get out of that choke?

Yes. That choke was shit. If you’d have rolled a day in your life you would know this.

Also, most BJJ dorks don’t know how to do neck cranks from behind. They focus on the RNC and the bow and arrow shit... rarely do they go into the art of neck cranks. So if I walked into a gym they probably wouldn’t know how to do it right anyway.

They would just squeeze my face until they got tired. I would probably just sit there bored wondering why I’m hanging out with a bunch of pajama wearing dorks asking them to do moves they don’t practice.

Last edited:
He did not need to get out of the 'choke'. He could have just stayed in the choke for the next 1:57 and waited for the round to end. He was not going to pass out. But he does not have the heart.
If you don't know what you're talking about, be quiet

Khabib could have easily broken his jaw

This is like saying you can just wait out an armbar

Be quiet

I've no idea. I have never taken classes in grappling. I'm sure I would have loved MMA if it existed when I was a boy.

It looks like a face squeeze to me, but some poster posted a vid of Firas explaining that that is actually a blood choke + neck crank at the same time.

In any case Ginger did not even attempt to fight it and it certainly did not look like a grip that could never be broken.

I don't know. He did not seem to try too much to fight it off, no grabbing the gloves or anything.

Compared to a top level UFC fighter I’m a joke. What does my reaction to a neck crank by a 170 lbs male have to do with the original question?

Could Connor get out of that choke?

Yes. That choke was shit. If you’d have rolled a day in your life you would know this.

Also, most BJJ dorks don’t know how to do neck cranks from behind. They focus on the RNC and the bow and arrow shit... rarely do they go into the art of neck cranks. So if I walked into a gym they probably wouldn’t know how to do it right anyway.

They would just squeeze my face until they got tired. I would probably just sit there bored wondering why I’m hanging out with a bunch of pajama wearing dorks asking them to do moves they don’t practice.

After lurking for approx 10 years, the time I have been training, I had to make an account for this. Try to calm down, you're wrong.

Yes, he could have gotten out of it. Only risk was a broken jaw. No air or blood restrictions were in play.

It doesn’t even look that bad other than everyone is acting like khabib is some heavyweight strength having man beast.

Some roided up heavyweight cranking on a neck like that might be scary tho (Brock, ubereem, jds) but not any lightweight.
You have no idea what you're talking about

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/it-wasnt-a-choke-sherdog-myth.3852639/

You don't need to be an expert to know that you're not getting out of that position with anybody decent, let alone world class like Khabib there.

What normally happens when the arm isnt even on the neck is the guy fights the hands and gets out

Looked like Khabib was cranking Conor's head clockwise a bit. I don't think he could have held out much longer than he did. I don't think he quit because of heart, I think he was forced to.

Has anyone on this site ever seen anyone get out of a full back mount, with legs hooked, neck crank like that? I'm not a complete casual, and I have done some BJJ style training many years ago, but I can already tell most people on this site have seen way more fights than I have.

Back