Could Cerrone finally beat Ben Henderson?

Professional

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
At this point in their respective careers, does Donald have what it takes to finally beat Benson?

Or does Ben just have his number? It has been 5 years since the last time these two fought. Would a match today be any different?

It'd probably be close. But ben would out work him, clinching against the fence, etc.

I would love to see that fight once more. I still think it would look similar to their first fight, but with either one coming away with a close decision.

Cerrone is on fire while Benson seems to be in a slight decline so Donald might finally get that win.

Cerrone's heading in the right direction with EVERYHTING he does. He's stronger, more technical and meaner now. I think he takes Bendo out.

I want to see cerrone against Melendez now. He's already fought 2 of the big 3 wec guys. Might as well fight cowboy now.

Like a rampage silva trilogy play out. Lose twice in another organization, come to ufc and whip his ass. I don't know. Jus came to mind.

I actually thought Cerrone won the first fight against Benson.
(yea, I know, Cerrone was humble about the decision)

I think he could beat Benson. Could go either way though.

People dont realize how close he got to beating him the first time when Cerrone basically had ZERO wrestling. And no it wasnt all about his submission attempts. As far as I remember the later rounds of the fight Cerrone kept it standing a lot and was beating Bendo up on the feet.

If they fought now, I think it would be a striking match for the most part.

I think he would win a decision in a 5 round fight at this point. He's no longer a slow starter but Bendo can still take him down and survive his guard. Seems like he will fight one more time before Khabib comes back, then Khabib, and then a title shot if he wins. If he does all that it will be one of the greatest run to a title shot ever alongside JDS.

Possible. Bendo's overall wrestling has seemingly faded.

No it hasn't, he just isn't as good a wrestler as people thought, and in general takedown defense has gotten better in recent years. I still think Benson would win but I wouldn't be surprised if Cowboy wins.

At this point in their respective careers, does Donald have what it takes to finally beat Benson?

Or does Ben just have his number? It has been 5 years since the last time these two fought. Would a match today be any different?

I think he has his number, so if Ben loses its probably a lack of motivation...obviously all fighters are motivated...but, were talking title motivation where you go to your peak. Ben at his peak has Donalds number if you ask me. Mainly because I disagree with judging in how they give wrestlers the point advantage. .....But, UFC used the sport of Wrestling to get in sanctioned in the U.S. It is what it is.

cerrone would dominate ben,but lose via split dec
cerrone has good tdd and ben has overrated wrestling and wouldnt take him down now
cerrone has better striking and he proved that in their 1st fight

No it hasn't, he just isn't as good a wrestler as people thought, and in general takedown defense has gotten better in recent years. I still think Benson would win but I wouldn't be surprised if Cowboy wins.

This,ben got outwrestled by frankie,gil,josh,khabilov..... his tdd is not that good tbh

Back