Could Cain not finish JDS or did he choose not too?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Both Cain and JDS were extremely gassed by the middle of the 2nd round. I'd say Cain blew his wad attempting to finish JDS and JDS getting his clock cleaned and being beat up by Cain wore him out. Props to both JDS and Cain, they are both tough as hell and have heart.

I thought Cain could have perhaps thrown a bunch of pitter-patter punches and gotten the TKO in the 1st round but he didn't.

We know Cain values control above all else and never sunk his hooks in whether he was worried about losing position or getting in a bad spot and submitted.

Do you think Cain couldn't finish JDS or chose not to and played it safe?

And if Cain couldn't finish a gassed and hurt JDS (who granted is tough as hell and has a ton of heart) what does that mean?

JDS said the shots weren't too hard, so i'm probably gonna say that he just couldn't. If he was going to, it would have been in the first. Everything after that was not nearly as brutal.

Cain probably did not want to gas trying to KO Junior and went for the punching volume instead.

I think he wanted to finish but jds is tough as shit. Lesser hw's would have been finished, extremely hard to for any hw to hang with the pace cain set..

Im not sure what cain was thinking. JDS was about as close to being KOed as one can be. Cain looked to have the RNC if he wanted it, or even the tko if he wouldve kept throwing punches. JDS looked drunk basically the rest of the fight but especially in round 2,3.

I think he wanted to finish but jds is tough as shit. Lesser hw's would have been finished, extremely hard to for any hw to hang with the pace cain set..

Stupid question. But the answer is what this guy said. Velasquez of course wanted to finish him but Dos Santos is as hard as nails.

I think cain was surprised, and didnt realize that he had JDS so hurt. Another well placed punch after that onslaught in the 1st and JDS was out.

Stupid question. But the answer is what this guy said. Velasquez of course wanted to finish him but Dos Santos is as hard as nails.

No doubt JDS is tough as nails. But watching the fight it almost seemed like cain was content with giving him a beating instead of trying to get him outta there.

Both Cain and JDS were extremely gassed by the middle of the 2nd round. I'd say Cain blew his wad attempting to finish JDS and JDS getting his clock cleaned and being beat up by Cain wore him out. Props to both JDS and Cain, they are both tough as hell and have heart.

I thought Cain could have perhaps thrown a bunch of pitter-patter punches and gotten the TKO in the 1st round but he didn't.

We know Cain values control above all else and never sunk his hooks in whether he was worried about losing position or getting in a bad spot and submitted.

Do you think Cain couldn't finish JDS or chose not to and played it safe?

And if Cain couldn't finish a gassed and hurt JDS (who granted is tough as hell and has a ton of heart) what does that mean?

Stopped reading at "both Cain and JDS were extremely gassed by the middle of the 2nd round."

cain landed some big shots even in the late rounds. He wanted it finished.

He could have finished him ... but he also could have tried to go balls out and either gas himself or get countered and get finished himself. He chose to play it safe and only go for the biggest openings (you can tell there were only a very small handful of moments when it looked like he was trying to actually finish it).

It seems that some people have never seen cain fight before.

I'm sure he wanted to finish, but after he saw how JDS survived that brutal end of the 1st round, he decided to just whoop his ass for 4 more rounds.

He could've taken the back and looked for an RNC. When asked about it at the post-fight presser, the only explanation he had was that he's a GnP type fighter.

Back