Could 2017 bring us the first interim vs interim "super fight" ? or 2 weight interim champ?

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So there is a thread saying Aldo can fight for LW interim belt... if he won that, since they clearly don't give a shit about making champs fight #1 contenders or making champs fight interim champs (since Aldo would therefore not be fighting Holloway next) ....

....Will we get the ultimate in fucktardedness and have the LW interim champ Jose "#josewaldo" Aldo (if Aldo beats Khabib) vs FW interim champ Holloway ?

While Conor is on maternity leave, Or maybe fighting Nate for no legitimate reason... and El Cucuy is holding out for fair pay...?

Or ... if Aldo pulls out (50% chance) will Hollloway step in against Khabib and potentially become......

the first ever..........2 WEIGHT INTERIM CHAMP!?!?!

The new UFC is working round the clock, breaking ground weekly to bring us new levels of stupidity.

2016 had multiple champ vs non top 5 challengers. interim fight on the same night as healthy champ fighting in a different weight class, What horseshit will they come up with next?

I thought it couldn't get more stupid than Hendo vs Bisping 2 but I was so wrong...

I honestly don't understand why there would be a LW interim title or how Aldo figures into that picture at all

Dana:

What a clusterfuck. Aldo should fight Holloway and unite the belt and then maybe try to move to LW.

What a clusterfuck. Aldo should fight Holloway and unite the belt and then maybe try to move to LW.
I'm still confused af about how the hell Holloway has a belt when Aldo was already made the champ. I'm pretty sure Frankie was the number 1 contender when Jose beat him. If they are going to go this route, Holly should be fighting for the interim until she fights Cyborg

I'm still confused af about how the hell Holloway has a belt when Aldo was already made the champ. I'm pretty sure Frankie was the number 1 contender when Jose beat him. If they are going to go this route, Holly should be fighting for the interim until she fights Cyborg

The Holloway interim title made absolutely zero sense. I don't know either why that fight was made to be for interim. I feel like it was just a stupid excuse to strip Conor saying they want a 5 rd title fight for that event. I do, however, agree with the decision of stripping Conor and moving forward.

Nothing would surprise me anymore. Either from the fighters, or the Ultimate Fuckery Championship.

But this bullshit needs to end. Defend belts or lose them. Unify belts or lose them. Fight the number 1 contender, or vacate. Whatever..But stop the fuckery.

Back