Cote Dropping down to Welterweight

Bigleaf

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Veteran Canadian fighter Patrick (The Predator) Cote is dropping down to welterweight.

"After a year of thinking and good talk with my coaches and nutritionist, it's time, my next fight will be at 170 Thanks for the support .UFC," Cote tweeted.

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=411943

He probably took losing to Sakara (not the official outcome, but the reality of losing the fight) as a sign he needed to drop weight classes to be relevant.

He probably took losing to Sakara (not the official outcome, but the reality of losing the fight) as a sign he needed to drop weight classes to be relevant.

True, and it should also be interesting to see how he does in the division. Hopefully he still has that big power. Also, hopefully he's been working his TDD like a mad man.

"After a year" my ass, he just doesn't want to get cut.

He has no business in MW at all.

I didn't realize that he was a small enough middleweight, I guess I wasn't paying attention.

he's a big dude, he'll do fine

ps, props to TS for giving a relevant thread since most of the threads currently listed have been really weird (plus there's been a huge surge of banned people commenting)

Yeah, he was never in great shape as a middleweight, he always looked like he could have made welter. Gotta be a bit worried about the chin though, it was so good at middleweight, don't want to cut and mess it up.

We will see. I think he will get wrestlefucked 2-3 times and cut.

Long time coming imo as he's always been a 'soft' middleweight though at this stage of his career I wonder if it's a little too late.

damn those weight issues...

swick was a fat kid in TUF, now he's dry as gobian desert

Wasn't there a time when GSP said that he wouldn't go to MW because he had teammates in that division? Maybe I'm just making that up. But if my memory is in fact correct, it's pretty ironic that Marquardt and Cote have since made the move to WW.

He always looks a little flabby around the mid area. This is a good move.

He has an iron jaw and has been in some tough fights, but I don't think he's going to go far in the big leagues, no matter the weight class.

Back