Costa Philippou is the next Bisping

Saskatoonmike**

Brown Belt
Reaction score
With Bisping knocked down the ladder it seems Costas Philippou is being elevated as the next guy who has a greater claim then Weidman to fight Anderson in the 'any striker is preferable' sweepstakes.

What do you think? Who is more deserving?

wtf are you talking about? I have never heard anyone say Costa should fight Anderson.

I was hoping for a Vitor v Weidman fight but looks like that wont happen either. Costa has looked pretty good but even he admits that he needs to round out his skills a little better. Don't see him being a contender for a year or 2 tbh.

wtf are you talking about? I have never heard anyone say Costa should fight Anderson.

SaS/SOH is one of the biggest Andy trolls we got, comes up with ridiculous statements and act like they're fact.

tl;dr: TS hearts Weidman.

Costa said he didn't want to fight Anderson. He said it was a bad career move, he said the longer his career went without having to fight Anderson the better. He was joking a bit, but basically he needs more MMA experience and Anderson has to retire sometime... :p

Some of the ladies around here really need Weidman to heal and lose weight so that their secret boyfriend can actually take a fight.

Well, I guess you can make a case for both since Boetsch and Munoz were both somehow highly ranked when they beat them.

But Maia was too, and if you look at the other guys Costa and Weidman have fought, Weidman's fought better guys, but also dominated almost everyone of those, while Costa's fight with Boetsch had some major weirdness going on. 3 fold. Weidman, and he's the better fighter. Costa is solid, but I don't see him as a lasting contender, while I see Weidman as a top 5 guy for years to come. Add to that that him vs Andy is fun fight on paper, and all the pieces fit in, imo.

Also, I see a lot of Silva fans not wanting the Weidman fight. What's up with that mentality? If you want to call him great, don't search for the easiest task for him, but the toughest. That's how greatness is measured, since you're not the noob in 2020 who'll look at Silva's record and say "wow, what a streak" without knowing what went on when those fights happened, who was in contention.

Also, I see a lot of Silva fans not wanting the Weidman fight. What's up with that mentality? If you want to call him great, don't search for the easiest task for him, but the toughest. That's how greatness is measured, since you're not the noob in 2020 who'll look at Silva's record and say "wow, what a streak" without knowing what went on when those fights happened, who was in contention.

Haven't seen too many fans not wanting the Weidman fight, some say he's not ready and just don't want everyone to dismiss Chris after he losses. Other than that most people want it to happen.. I don't think either fighter is ready for Anderson, but what the hell do I know, I'm just a fan. I'll watch any Andy fight that comes down the pipe though :D

Haven't seen too many fans not wanting the Weidman fight, some say he's not ready and just don't want everyone to dismiss Chris after he losses. Other than that most people want it to happen.. I don't think either fighter is ready for Anderson, but what the hell do I know, I'm just a fan. I'll watch any Andy fight that comes down the pipe though :D

Bisping winning the poll over Weidman was surprising to me. What you say is true though, the not ready part is been thrown around and it's not a far off.

Anderson beating up Costa and Bisping is fun and all. But it's also like eating fast food. Short and quick, you know what's going down. Weidman's like a restaurant you have heard that's great, but you don't know how great until you see it compared to that joint across the street that folks call "The GOAT".

Are you kidding me? Costa can actual finish people and has punch power unlike Bisping. Your statement makes no since what so ever. They are nothing alike.

TheComebackkid amongst others is arguing right now that with one more win Costas is in the discussion with Weidman. and yet funnily enough when Weidman was scheduled to fight Boetsch he argued that potential win would do nothing to further Weidman and he would still need one or two more top wins.

Yup. This must be the saddest part of being an Anderson fan for so many.

You see him as one of the greatest but at the same time you fear the POTENTIAL of a loss so much that you would direct his career away from every contender who poses the potential Chael1 type threat.

Phillipou isn't on Bisping's level in my opinion

I think he's a good fighter but theres a bunch of contenders at the moment (Rockhold, Belfort, Okami, Jacare, Weidman, Bisping, Sonnen when he returns, Lomabrd) who are the top guys in the division, I think Costa will prove to be not quite good enough to be considered in that group and will always be a guy knocking on the contender group door

I think his Boetsch victory had a lot to do with Boetsch getting fingers in the eye

Phillipou isn't on Bisping's level in my opinion

I think he's a good fighter but theres a bunch of contenders at the moment (Rockhold, Belfort, Okami, Jacare, Weidman, Bisping, Sonnen when he returns, Lomabrd) who are the top guys in the division, I think Costa will prove to be not quite good enough to be considered in that group and will always be a guy knocking on the contender group door

I think his Boetsch victory had a lot to do with Boetsch getting fingers in the eye

it is BECAUSE Philippou would stylistically be one of Anderson's easier matchup that Anderson fans would argue him most deserving. TheComebackkid has already started to build him up as more deserving then Weidman now that the last guy he built up as more deserving, Bisping, has fallen.

He's not the next Bisping, his name is Costa Philippou.

Back