Cory Spinks Hall of Fame???

StewDogg11

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Saw he last fought in 2013 so he’s eligible but was wondering everyone’s thoughts on his HOF resume. I would certainly have to believe lesser fighters have been enshrined:

-Record - 39-8-0 (11 KOs)
-Unified the Welterweight title and defended it twice.
-Won major titles at Junior Middleweight on two separate occasions.
-Took the undisputed Middleweight champion Jermain Taylor to a SD.

Yes he had next to no punching punching power but he really made the most of the tools he had and was fun to watch.

HOF? Eh. Upset Mayorga and Judah but what else? Judah beat the brakes off him in the rematch.

Spinks was a solid fighter but HoF worthy? I don't think so.

If Gatti got in Spinks should. Deserved that decision against Taylor too.

It won't happen but it's certainly true that less deserving fighters have been enshrined in the IBHOF.

I wasn’t a fan of spinks but worse than his fights were his walkouts.

That Apple fell far from the tree and rolled downhill

I can't see it. He just didn't make much of an impact. Probably a tad underrated but HOF worthy? Nah.

If Gatti got in Spinks should. Deserved that decision against Taylor too.

I dont agree. It is hall of FAME. Gatti is way more well known and famous. In addition to being a multi division champ, he was in multiple fights of the year, and a fan favorite.

If anything, hall of fame should have more guys like Gatti. RIP

I dont agree. It is hall of FAME. Gatti is way more well known and famous. In addition to being a multi division champ, he was in multiple fights of the year, and a fan favorite.

If anything, hall of fame should have more guys like Gatti. RIP
Thats always been my argument as well. Its not the hall of accomplishment.

Thats always been my argument as well. Its not the hall of accomplishment.

It’s gotta be a combination of both, you can’t be putting guys like Butterbean in the HOF.

It’s gotta be a combination of both, you can’t be putting guys like Butterbean in the HOF.
True. But some people will complain about a guy like Gatti being in there. Gatti's impact on the sport is tough to deny but because he came up short in the big ones, people will say he doesn't deserve a seat in the hall.

Back