Media Cory Sandhagen spars Justin Gaethje footage | UFC 300 vlog

Justin looked bagged early. Better bring his best cardio against Max.
Training in Colorado should alleviate any concerns about cardio, if you’re rooting for Gaethje. I’m rooting for Max, who don’t spar so ugh, yeah …

I wouldn’t put any stock in the technique displayed because he’s just sparring with a guy who fights at Bantamweight. If anything it goes back to my first statement: Gaethje is training at elevation with a lighter guy with good volume. Max don’t spar & is probably in Hawaii.

Guys like Gaethje aren't going to look good sparring. His whole game is power based. Hendo was another guy who was notorious for looking bad in sparring sessions. When your game is based on power it's not going to look good in sparring where you're intentionally not throwing with power.

Guys like Gaethje aren't going to look good sparring. His whole game is power based. Hendo was another guy who was notorious for looking bad in sparring sessions. When your game is based on power it's not going to look good in sparring where you're intentionally not throwing with power.

Yeah, usually the faster, smaller and more technical guys will shine because of this. I would expect to see Sandhagen getting the better of Gaethje in sparring unless it's some James Toney vs Gerald McClellan sparring type shit.

100% and guys like Sandhagen are like the exact opposite because they already have the style that moves around lol. That's why it looked like Sandhagen was in complete control. Basically Gaethje couldn't fight his style while Sandhagen was in his element.. Gaetjhe's a vet and doesn't let his pride/ego get the best of him in sparring.. gotta respect it

I'm such a nerd that I'll happily watch videos of UFC guys sparring. I like to watch the high level guys spar at my gym, too.

The thing about sparring is that you can't really glean too much from just watching a few minutes of it. You have no idea how many rounds the fighters might have done with other people or whether they're working on something in particular. The smaller guy usually has the advantage because the point isn't to use your power. Sparring isn't about winning. If you think about it that way, you're doing yourself and your partner a disservice

Training in Colorado should alleviate any concerns about cardio, if you’re rooting for Gaethje. I’m rooting for Max, who don’t spar so ugh, yeah …

I wouldn’t put any stock in the technique displayed because he’s just sparring with a guy who fights at Bantamweight. If anything it goes back to my first statement: Gaethje is training at elevation with a lighter guy with good volume. Max don’t spar & is probably in Hawaii.
Fair points for sure. I like both, happy either way but pulling for Max

Back