International Coronavirus, v5: China hits back at American "coronavirus overreaction", issue travel warning for US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masks don't do shit. You need a full hazmat suit with dedicated air supply to be safe from airborne viruses. If they're going in your lungs, they're getting on your skin and going in your eyes too.
Disagree.

For most people, who are not front line workers, casual contact with an infected area or a coughing person will be the biggest threat.

Touching a surface with active virus and then touching your mouth, nose and then eyes and ears in that order are the quickest entry ways for the virus into the body.

A mask will make it tougher to touch your mouth and nose (most touched) but should also serve as a constant reminder to not touch your eyes and ears and to wash your hands as much as possible whether you have soap or not as just water can be just as effective if you wash vigorously and properly. So don't fall into the trap of not washing if you only have water and no soap as you do not need soap or any bacteria to adequately clean your hands of the virus.

So while the mask is not perfect, nor is washing hands. They, both together, would be the two keys to people who are at threat of casual contact with the virus.

<LikeReally5>

insanity. the projection and jump to finger pointing in this thread...
Well thank you as I was taking your posts seriously before as the 'grain of salt' posts but now just realize you are only here to troll people.

When a person has to lie about their own arguments it is because they know they don't have the merits on their side.

You can pretend all you want I was being unreasonable demanding you go find EVERY example in some time consuming exercise and that is why YOU won't do it but here is exactly what i asked for...

"...Just give me some links to some of the more extreme statements by posters please as I need to see the full context of the statements..."

You are already quoting some posters so just link to SOME of those quotes when you do it.

But now we know, as you did with me, you just lie and make stuff up and attribute it to people. The only insanity in this thread is you and your trolling.

Im not an expert on the Spanish flu. However, a 2007 analysis of medical journals from the period of the pandemic found that the viral infection was no more aggressive than previous influenza strains. Instead, malnourishment, overcrowded medical camps and hospitals, and poor hygiene promoted bacterial superinfection. This superinfection killed most of the victims, typically after a somewhat prolonged death bed.

If this is true, one could attribute the fatality rate to extremely poor healthcare at the time.
What worries me is hospitals being overcrowded.
Not necessarily.

Ever had a family member catch a cold or flu and then you didn't get it?
That's doesn't seem to be the case here though. It seems like everyone in close proximity to someone infected is contracting this shit.

obviously, I’m not disputing that. Which is why The Spanish Influenza has a range of mortality from 30-100 million. No way really of knowing. Maybe the % you’re talking about for that flu was less than 2% as well. Not like they had sophisticated tests back then.

What we do know is in verified cases, the CFR is ranging up to 3+%. Hong Kong is at around 2% and other counties with LIMITED cases shown that it can be lowered.

Of course countries that could dedicate great resources are going to have better outcomes.

“oh X country didn’t have any deaths”

Ok, some counties had 30 patients. Of course they can handle that. A CFR isn’t a black and white thing, just like an R0.

What we know is it’s virulent, has asymptomatic transmission and a high CFR when not in strictly controlled settings.

Is that disputable?

I highlighted one of your sentences.

This isn't necessarily true. What governs better outcomes, especially in respiratory illnesses, is what can be called a "culture of sanitation and hygiene". Dirty countries have bigger problems regardless of their resources. If the population of a given area is less likely to practice good hygiene, they are going to have a problem with disease transmission.

Wash your hands, take a shower daily, this stuff helps.

And China?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/mar/02/china.jonathanwatts

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2008-03/03/content_6500573.htm

https://www.scmp.com/article/538611/campaign-against-spitting-just-drop-bucket

These are articles from around the time Beijing hosted the summer olympics. They had, and still have a problem with people spitting in public. It's not unheard of to go to a restaurant in China and see your fellow patrons spit on the floor while they and everyone else is eating.

China has considerable resources. They got hit hard, because they are dirty as fuck over there.

Nobody here is trying to exclude trump or any other leader from scrutiny in handling this situation. You are prematurely complaining about this issue . Fact is many countries if not all of them aren’t prepared both financially and institutionally.
i've only quoted Trumps own statements and compared them to other statements by top officials in his administration and that has rustled some Trump supporters saying we should not do that in this thread as its partisan.

That is being done for any other leader in any other country wherever we see information that might be misinformation, especially when it is a politician at odds with those in the field.

So yes, the only carve out being requested so far is for Trump. You did not see anyone saying 'leave Trudeau or Xi Jinping or their administration alone' when it comes to their pronouncements.

Canadumb will let this spread.

Ontario confirms new case of coronavirus, patient had travelled to Iran
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...travelled-to-iran/ar-BB10q4Be?ocid=spartanntp

TORONTO — A woman who recently travelled to Iran has been diagnosed as Ontario's fifth novel coronavirus patient, Ontario's top public health official announced Wednesday.

Dr. David Williams offered few details about the Toronto-based case, which involved a woman in her 60s. But the province's chief medical officer of health said the case came to light on Monday when she arrived at a local hospital emergency department.

Brazil confirms first coronavirus case in Latin America
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/worl...-in-latin-america/ar-BB10qyfb?ocid=spartanntp

That's a wrap for v5.

v6 is up for those who are able to read the thread, discuss rationally, and stay on topic.

i've only quoted Trumps own statements and compared them to other statements by top officials in his administration and that has rustled some Trump supporters saying we should not do that in this thread as its partisan.

That is being done for any other leader in any other country wherever we see information that might be misinformation, especially when it is a politician at odds with those in the field.

So yes, the only carve out being requested so far is for Trump. You did not see anyone saying 'leave Trudeau or Xi Jinping or their administration alone' when it comes to their pronouncements.
In fact here its worse than that because the opposition conservative government is ignoring the whole situation and the liberal supporters are clueless as well.

Canadumb will let this spread.

Ontario confirms new case of coronavirus, patient had travelled to Iran
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...travelled-to-iran/ar-BB10q4Be?ocid=spartanntp

TORONTO — A woman who recently travelled to Iran has been diagnosed as Ontario's fifth novel coronavirus patient, Ontario's top public health official announced Wednesday.

Dr. David Williams offered few details about the Toronto-based case, which involved a woman in her 60s. But the province's chief medical officer of health said the case came to light on Monday when she arrived at a local hospital emergency department.

Brazil confirms first coronavirus case in Latin America
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/worl...-in-latin-america/ar-BB10qyfb?ocid=spartanntp
What I wanna know is why the fuck international flights are still going strong...

Masks don't do shit. You need a full hazmat suit with dedicated air supply to be safe from airborne viruses. If they're going in your lungs, they're getting on your skin and going in your eyes too.

Full face masks with CBRN filters and well taped up suits are the next best thing.

Well thank you as I was taking your posts seriously before as the 'grain of salt' posts but now just realize you are only here to troll people.

insane. i posted a list of things said in these threads and you then expect me to sift through all 38649875 posts to compile a list of quotes for you, so you can be sure they're not out of context.

then you do the very thing you're denying, minutes later. (re: trump and saying the misinformation will be worse than the virus - which is hilarious because it BTFO your own fearmongering posts about the virus... AND is panicky. AND is panicky pre-emptively. ffs, the conference hasn't even happened)

then you dismiss me as a troll. like... wtf? yeah, everyone who doesn't fearmonger AND posts a list of panic bullshit is a troll, i guess. what does that make YOU?

When a person has to lie about their own arguments it is because they know they don't have the merits on their side.

there you go again. accusing me of lying. again.

prove it. oh, right - that would require you to sift through these posts - THE VERY THING YOU EXPECT ME TO DO, for some crazy reason. so back your keyboard up, go through the posts and TRY to come up with ANY lie i made. you won't. you can't.

prove it. show me ONE lie.

What I wanna know is why the fuck international flights are still going strong...

Because white supremacists will be happy that the borders were closed for a short period of time.

We can't allow that.

:rolleyes: "There is so much unknown about the virus, that the President is the devil for wanting to close us off. Obama reached out not in during ebola".

you really crack me up

“this isn’t serious because the pneumonia kills more people in 12 months than this has in 2 months!”

with no thought of the fact that this virus will lead to pneumonia deaths the same way the flu does.

It’s deadlier, more contagious and has zero vaccines or known effective anti-viral treatments. It’s like in order for someone with your mindset to take this seriously it has to kill 30% of the world.

I think this thread is overly panicking over something that will slow down and eventually die off once the vaccine is created.

And then I'll say "see told ya sherbro"

And you will respond "dude you have no idea how close we were to living death!"

Try your best to wash your hands though, sherbro!

I think this thread is overly panicking over something that will slow down and eventually die off once the vaccine is created.

The vaccine which is 12+ months away?

Another big concern is the economy. No one wants to be the unlucky one that gets their life ruined or put in a bad spot.

If there's a shortage of masks in the U.S, I blame the people who are buying them by the thousands and resell to China for a quick profit.

Our stockpile is short 270,000,000 masks. They said we need 300 million just for health workers and we only have 30 million. That has nothing to do with people buying up "thousands" to make profit. This is an issue where FEMA or DHS or whoever is responsible for the stock pile massively fucked up on how many we would need and it probably happened through multiple administrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back