International Coronavirus, v4: South Korea in Red Alert as number of infected quadrupled in 4 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally it's the opposite.... Normally...
Yeah that's what is weird. It seems to spread better in warmer areas. Which could be a bad sign. As normally April is the end if the flu season

I watched the first 3 minutes of that and then stopped because it scared the shit out of me.

giphy.gif

True that. I was pleased to remember that I had bought a 15lb bag of rice and about 10 lbs of beans and lentils a couple of weeks ago. I actually went out today and bought another couple hundred bucks worth of canned and dried goods. Got a good deal on a 25lb bag of flour as well. Did forget to grab some bulk yeast though. Got to add that to the list.
Use the $10 method. Dedicate $10 of your weekly grocery bill to things that last long term. Once your food stores are at acceptable levels move on to things like power generating/storage. But start with water filtration.

If you have the right storage for them yes.

Growing up in rural Georgia, USA I got taught how to make a quickie root cellar. If I recall correctly...

Dig a hole
Line it with pine straw
put in your vegetables (potatoes work best)
cover with pine straw and a piece of tin large enough to cover the hole

It's not super long term, but it should do in a pinch.

Growing up in rural Georgia, USA I got taught how to make a quickie root cellar. If I recall correctly...

Dig a hole
Line it with pine straw
put in your vegetables
cover with pine straw and a piece of tin large enough to cover the hole

It's not super long term, but it should do in a pinch.
We're just going to bury a shipping container. Already have the perfect spot for it.

If you have the right storage for them yes.

This is going to sound really old school but when I was a kid I remember my grandmother used to "can" fruits and vegetables in mason jars and seal them air tight cooked in a pressure cooker or something but they would last like that for a long time because as long as the seal wasn't broken no air could get in for bacteria to grow. Now most people don't even know what "canning" is.

This is going to sound really old school but when I was a kid I remember my grandmother used to "can" fruits and vegetables in mason jars and seal them air tight cooked in a pressure cooker or something but they would last like that for a long time because as long as the seal wasn't broken no air could get in for bacteria to grow. Now most people don't even know what "canning" is.
That's normal school at my house.

This magnificent bastard has run it's course. Time dial up version 5. Remember to quote this one in the OP, and follow the example this one set of continually updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back