cornstarch

#1can

Blue Belt
Reaction score
can anyone dig up a GI rating for corn starch? I can't find one.

Also, is it acceptable for use with creatine to spike insulin, and if so, how much should i take.

ps. i cant get dextrose or maltodextrin locally.

Dextrose is the best thing pal . Whats wrong with getting it of the net ? .

PS what creatine are u using and what gram per day and how many servings ? . U dont need any sugars on the right dose so u must be having high doses with wanting dextrose . If this is the case get CEE CREATINE . do some research goes right in to the muscles and only need 2-3 grams

IronMikeTyson69 said:
Dextrose is the best thing pal . Whats wrong with getting it of the net ? .

PS what creatine are u using and what gram per day and how many servings ? . U dont need any sugars on the right dose so u must be having high doses with wanting dextrose . If this is the case get CEE CREATINE . do some research goes right in to the muscles and only need 2-3 grams

i am using CEE, i'm just under the impression that teaming it with a high GI substance will increase results further...(???)

No not with CEE i wouldnt think it would . what times are u taking ur creatine and is it before training after and what grams are u taking . Also dextrose would help with any creatine as that is what thay put in CELL TECH the best money can buy but dear just CEE works great on its own .

i'm taking about five grams daily...usually split before/after my workout. i realize i wouldn't want to eat high GI foods before a workout.

FYI maltodextrin is actually better than dextrose (higher GI rating) and maltodextrine and dextrose are both very closely related to/derived from corn starch. just wondering how corn starch compares. i know its alot of carbs but im wondering how simple they are.

I tried doing a search on google for corn starch try it alot of interesting stuff comes up

#1Can, remember, if you're after the biggest Insulin spike, the number most important to you is not the Glycemix Index, but the Glycemix Load.

One thing I've realized is how variable the ratings are. I've seen over five different ratings for Maltodextrin alone.

I don't know if creatine absorption is increased by insulin- I thought it was, but that study I recently quoted to Chad indicated it wasn't (and that this had been known since 1999).

Back