Cormier Vs Hendo - does Hendo have it in him for one last big win?

KrausersRevenge

Blue Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was pretty convinced Shogun would destroy him and up until the finish, Shogun was handling him and looked on track to a late KO. But Hendo reminded us that given the right opportunity he can knock out just about anyone.

On paper, things aren't good for him in this one, he's facing a much younger man, who is better at wrestling, hits hard and is a very fast learner in Cormier. The wear and tear on Hendo is getting more and more noticeable every time he fights.

In the grand scale of things a Cormier win would be better, he has a very bright future ahead and is a legit threat to whoever wins out of Gustaffson/Jones 2. Hendo on the other hand is at the very end of an epic career.

But who knows, could the H-Bomb surprise us all one more time?

Last edited:
If he can land the H-Bomb, anything is possible. I give him a very slim chance.

I don't think Cormier will allow Hendo the chance, this fight will look a lot like his fight against Big Country

I don't think Cormier is going to give him much of an opportity. He's saying he's not afraid to stand and bang with Hendo, but Mo said the same thing about Rampage and then desperately tried to hump his leg like a randy dog for 15 minutes. I think Cormier will do the same, albeit with a lot more success.

Ez Hendong money to be made tonight. Took out a second mortgage. Gonna be rich.

i would never count out hendo. all it takes is one right punch from hendo and dc will get knocked the f out.

He most likely loses. But there is always a chance that any combatant can win any combat.

Plus, dat H-Bomb don't hurt neitha

I'm kinda torn about this, I like both guys and I'd love to see Hendo win, but at the same time, I also want Cormier to continue winning cos I can see him beating Jones or Gustaffson.

The only thing that scares me is DC in the clinch, he's clearly going to be stronger than Hendo.

BUT if Hendo can separate in the clinch, it gives him a huge opportunity to land the H bomb.

I'm not particularly pro or con either guy but I'd hate to see Cormier get bumped down the title shot ladder by eating an H-bomb. I like Cormier's chances of getting and holding the belt a lot better than Hendo's.

I'm not particularly pro or con either guy but I'd hate to see Cormier get bumped down the title shot ladder by eating an H-bomb. I like Cormier's chances of getting and holding the belt a lot better than Hendo's.

Definitely, I can see DC beating Jones if Gustaffson can't.

I don't think Cormier will stand and bang with a ko artist like Dan,simply because it's very risky:There's that title shot on the line and Cormier is not exactly a spring chicken.He demonstrated the cautious approach to fighting against Mir and I really don't blame him because losses won't get you any closer to the belt.I see DC winning a UD in a wrestling heavy contest.

No. He has a chance, but in all likelihood Cormier takes him down almost all will for the majority of the fight.

Hendo can knock out anyone, but lets not forget, Cormier has heavy hands as well as being incredibly technical. Expect to see a lot of outside boxing similar to how Cormier dealt with the equally heavy handed Roy Nelson.

Cormier will use his head movement to avoid the big shots from Hendo. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cormier try and use his boxing to close the distance and clinch the much smaller Hendo against the cage and beat him up there or on the ground.

I'll never count out the H-bomb, though.

Back