Cormier: Strong and fast

he is a perfect fighter and his recrod proves it,he is hell of a wrestler and can hit you very very hard not only the punches his kicks looked very good last night he has no afraid to get taken down

man, the way he throws Josh Barnett, I think he can throws Jones out the cage if he really wants to :D

really enjoyed his performance last night, I am just not sure we will like what we see when he drops down a weight class...

Agreed--Cormier is a beast. It's just too bad he didn't start training MMA a little earlier. He's 34 years old, so you have to wonder how many years he has left in him. I know a few guys like Randy and Hendo have managed to fight pretty effectively into their 40s, but those are the exceptions and most guys start to lose a step somewhere in their mid or late 30s.

That's a good point, however IMO if he had started fighting MMA say at 25, he wouldn't be as "fresh" (for a lack of a better word) now.

I think that there is so much you can do and how much damage you can take in your life.

Cormier has an excellent balance, that s his avantage

Cormier is a stud. He will bring out the best in Jones. Problem is that he is 3rd in line. That could be at least a year assuming Jones beats Glover and Gus. If Jones loses, it could be longer. As one poster alluded to, keeping healthy in MMA is not easy. I think we will see Jones start to breakdown and fight at most, twice a year. Cormier may not have much in the tank either.

How many LHW's have you seen standing in there with Roy Nelson to judge how fast they look?

really enjoyed his performance last night, I am just not sure we will like what we see when he drops down a weight class...

This. i really wish he stays at HW...

Back