Cormier still needs an opponent. How about Roy Nelson?

bueller213**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ranking wise, this fight make sense. Winner should get the next title shot after Overeem/Bigfoot fight.

Didnt they find him a replacement already? Or did he get injured or something?

He's fighting Dion Starling in January. Hopefully they'll make the original matchup of him vs Mir when he comes to the UFC.

Yeah... they announced his new opponent weeks ago. You're a little late buddy.

And roy nelson has no business fighting for the title even if he somehow upset cormier... He would need 1 more top 5 win at least especially considering how recently hes been dominated by jds, werdum, and mir.

Junior_Dos_Santos_500x325_display_image.png

VS

i_display_image.png

images9.jpg

Ranking wise, this fight make sense. Winner should get the next title shot after Overeem/Bigfoot fight.

Bigfoot and nelson are nowhere near a shot. Overeem is getting the next shot after he beats bf and if Cain isn't champ, Cormier would be next.

[QUOTE="Rush";77602167]He's fighting Dion Starling in January. Hopefully they'll make the original matchup of him vs Mir when he comes to the UFC.[/QUOTE]

I understand that Dion Starling may not be the biggest name and is comming in as a big underdog, but i really wish everyone would wait for the results of this fight before they start match making for his next fight. I mean if i were a fighter like some of the guys mentiuoned i would not just wait to see how Cormier performs in order to get to fight him next...

roy is a dangerous fight for anyone, heavy hands and good on the ground

I hope DC and mir happen, perfect fight for DC for his ufc debut and a great test also

Is anyone NOT looking past bigfoot. We could have a party spoiler again a'la Condit.

id like to see cormier vs werdum when he comes over

What the heck is Cormer fighting Starling for? That is just ridiculous especially since Cormier could come over and wreck Nelson,JDS,Mir,Gonzaga,Struve,Carwin,Cain (but they wont fight)

The UFC is wasting Cormier and its a shame.

[QUOTE="Rush";77602167]He's fighting Dion Starling in January. Hopefully they'll make the original matchup of him vs Mir when he comes to the UFC.[/QUOTE]

that fight only made sense with mir going over to sf for it. with dc in the ufc, he should get a fight vs jds (if dos santos loses to cain) or overeem if big foot wins their match. if jds and overeem both win, then nelson makes sense.

What the heck is Cormer fighting Starling for? That is just ridiculous especially since Cormier could come over and wreck Nelson,JDS,Mir,Gonzaga,Struve,Carwin,Cain (but they wont fight)

The UFC is wasting Cormier and its a shame.

sf hasn't gone belly up...yet. he's still signed for one more fight.

Back