"Cormier could be next in line for Jones"

Gaffeln

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
"[Cormier] is going to bring a lot of excitement to the heavyweight or light heavyweight division. And he could be next in line to fight (Jon) Jones.

I have so much respect for both of those guys (Daniel Cormier and Cain Velasquez). They can go wherever they want. If they want to fight each other at heavy, I

Fine by me. I want Gus to get a fight or two more to get ready for the championship bout.

He should have at least 1 fight at LHW before a shot. He claimed in the past he had trouble cutting weight, no point throwing him with the champ if he's going to look terrible because of the cut.

He should have at least 1 fight at LHW before a shot. He claimed in the past he had trouble cutting weight, no point throwing him with the champ if he's going to look terrible because of the cut.

alternatively, if the fight is lined up, it could give cormier the chance to diet and lose weight and make the cut easier.

agree with this. they should do the same to anyone moving divisions unless it is the champion (and even then should probably still have to fight a #1 contender scrap).

Cormier would deserve a shot way more then Sonnen even if he hasn't fought at 205 but everyone should know by know title shots are guaranteed and you don't have to deserve it.

After Jones beats Sonnen they should do him vs Machida/Hendo. Gus vs Cormier for #1 contender.

I guess Alexander's 6 fight win streak in the division doesn't warrant a title shot.

Seems more like hope and and hype that DC can beat Jones imo. I really do t get hey every one says he's the guy to beat Jones whether at LHW or HW.

Maybe it's these guys who believe dc is the new fedot and want to keep fedors hope alive and maybe it's just Jones's haters being haters but I just don't see it

[QUOTE="Rush";77841159]After Jones beats Sonnen they should do him vs Machida/Hendo. Gus vs Cormier for #1 contender.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Gus can handle Cormier's wrestling. I don't need to see that fight.

I think DC needs at least 1 fight before he faces Jones. Weight cut is no joke.

1. Cormier has a legit case for a shot at Jones. Winning the SF HW GP, and then dropping a weight class definitely puts him near the top of the heap at LHW.

2. Title shots don't need to be earned anymore. Sonnen proves this.

3. Gus fighting Jones doesn't interest me at this point. I see it as an impending massacre. Just because Jones has beaten the crap out of all the real threats to his belt doesn't mean that offering others to slaughter because you can call them "contenders" makes those fights interesting.

If Hendo beats Machida then I think you pretty much have to give Hendo the shot.

If Machida beats Hendo then I'd rather see Comier get the title shot.

Gus did not impress against Shogun. He would lose badly to Jones or Comier. But if Hendo gets the next shot, I wouldn't mind seeing Comier deflate Gus's hype a bit.

I'd prefer Comier fight at HW though, honestly.

I'm very happy for Cain but the downside to his victory is Comier potentially leaving the division and Reem/JDS fight potentially being delayed.

Back