Cormier and Gatsalov

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
As many know, Daniel Cormier is an Olympic wrestler. He lost in the semifinals of the 2004 Athens games to one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, Khadzhimurat Gatsalov. (Gatsalov went on to win gold)

Watching UFC: Bad Blood now, and what do I see? Cormier training with the man who beat him in the Olympics in preparation for Jones.

That's the definition of humility, and one of many reasons why I want to see the belt around Cormier's waist.

i want to see cormier win also, however if he can't pressure and get jones down, i think jones will pick him apart and finish him. Who can pressure will be huge in this fight

what is throwing your shoes at a crowd of people after getting humiliated the definition of?

what is throwing your shoes at a crowd of people after getting humiliated the definition of?

Doing something emotional and stupid... we all do that from time to time.

As many know, Daniel Cormier is an Olympic wrestler. He lost in the semifinals of the 2004 Athens games to one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, Khadzhimurat Gatsalov. (Gatsalov went on to win gold)

Watching UFC: Bad Blood now, and what do I see? Cormier training with the man who beat him in the Olympics in preparation for Jones.

That's the definition of humility, and one of many reasons why I want to see the belt around Cormier's waist.

Bringing in one of the best wrestlers of a generation in to train with you is humility? It seems pretty smart to have that kind of talent around.

Also there are rumors that Gatsalov might be making the transition to MMA.

Doing something emotional and stupid... we all do that from time to time.

hmmm, ive watched countless press conferences, weigh ins, etc...never seen a grown man do that at any of them before....

Bringing in one of the best wrestlers of a generation in to train with you is humility? It seems pretty smart to have that kind of talent around.

Also there are rumors that Gatsalov might be making the transition to MMA.

To be fair, for a high level wrestler like that, AKA is a fantastic place to train.

hmmm, ive watched countless press conferences, weigh ins, etc...never seen a grown man do that at any of them before....

How many of those grown man have been in brawls in those press conferences?

I'm not defending his actions by any means, but it's really not that bad of a thing when you think about all the bad things people do.

His wrestling should be insanely on point for this fight. Hopefully his striking is as well.

Yeah but with his resume what gym wouldn't want Gatsalov around? He's the most decorated active wrestler in the world.

You're right, but AKA has a pretty proven track record. DC, Cain, Khabib. Can you really name better MMA wrestlers right now? Outside of GSP, I don't think there are any.

How many of those grown man have been in brawls in those press conferences?

I'm not defending his actions by any means, but it's really not that bad of a thing when you think about all the bad things people do.

hes the only one to throw a shoe and hit bystanders...i guess he really got his ass whooped for him to have to resort to that....

How funny would it be if Gatsalov joined MMA and beat Cormier again lol.

You're right, but AKA has a pretty proven track record. DC, Cain, Khabib. Can you really name better MMA wrestlers right now? Outside of GSP, I don't think there are any.

Romero, Weidman, Edgar, Jones I believe are on theri level when it comes to MMA wrestling.

Back