Corey Bellator vs UFC payment

That's true too. UFC has been a cash cow for WME during the pandemic. It will be interesting to see how it plays out when the information are all out there when WME goes public.
what information? they published alot of information already..

Yeah, you would think more people would be in uproar about some faceless corporation that doesn't give a shit about mma using the UFC as a piggy bank would get more traction with the fans of such as historically non-mainstream and anti-elitist sport. But nope.
the fertittas weren't different.

what information? they published alot of information already..

Public traded companies have to file audited financials every year.

They have not published a lot of information willingly. They fought tooth and nail to not release any financials during the class action lawsuit

They have not published a lot of information willingly. They fought tooth and nail to not release any financials during the class action lawsuit
they just filed their s-1. those are audited historical financial statements.

I wouldn't be too optimistic that WME breaks out the UFC that much when its public. Even in the S-1, they only break out the UFC into sports properties.

They will if it's done right and marketed right. They can't use that narrative with fighters that get cut from UFC. There's no possible way to sell that narrative that they are the best, at least with homegrown talent there is that mystery because they didn't lose to UFC fighters and switch to Bellator after.

Look at what ONE is doing. Their champions can make claims that they are the best and can beat UFC fighters since they haven't been in the UFC and lost to UFC fighters yet. Also UFC fighters/champions have come to ONE and lost to their champions and fighters. Bellator has UFC fighters that were let go as their champions and who they build their whole events on. They can't make the same claims as ONE because people already saw their UFC careers and saw them losing. The narrative will never change the way Bellator is doing things.

The Bellator model works only if you are ok with being under UFC forever. They are always going to pick up fighters that UFC let's go and help build them a second career but will always be looked at as under UFC in terms of talent. Like I said before they need someone in charge that's trying to beat UFC, not just eat off UFC.
I certainly wish ONE well but no one in the west could even name a fighter in ONE other than the ex-UFC guys. Almost all the ranked talent in every weight class is in the UFC, Bellator or PFL. The only way to get your fighters ranked is by beating other ranked fighters. When Pride was #1 they could afford the best fighters in the world and pay well enough to get them to travel to Japan for every fight. When Strikeforce was a strong #2 they could get highly ranked fighters to jump ship from the UFC and Japan. There was still a lot of ranked talent outside the UFC. Maybe ONE does have elite talent in some of their weight classes. The only way to prove it is to beat the better known ranked fighters. Obviously that can't happen if these promotions won't co-promote with each other.

they just filed their s-1. those are audited historical financial statements.

They don't break out the UFC portion in much detail.

The only information published regarding UFC revenue was pre 2013, and that was ordered by the court.

Maybe I'm just overly optimistic about what will be released in the future and the fighters can collectively bargain for better pay.

They don't break out the UFC portion in much detail.

The only information published regarding UFC revenue was pre 2013, and that was ordered by the court.

Maybe I'm just overly optimistic about what will be released in the future and the fighters can collectively bargain for better pay.
the s-1 is a good indication of the detail they will show. they may get a bit more granular. the ufc is in a reporting segment with 2 other businesses, but it's still predominantly ufc.

in fairness bellator pay them more because they are ex ufc guys

I certainly wish ONE well but no one in the west could even name a fighter in ONE other than the ex-UFC guys. Almost all the ranked talent in every weight class is in the UFC, Bellator or PFL. The only way to get your fighters ranked is by beating other ranked fighters. When Pride was #1 they could afford the best fighters in the world and pay well enough to get them to travel to Japan for every fight. When Strikeforce was a strong #2 they could get highly ranked fighters to jump ship from the UFC and Japan. There was still a lot of ranked talent outside the UFC. Maybe ONE does have elite talent in some of their weight classes. The only way to prove it is to beat the better known ranked fighters. Obviously that can't happen if these promotions won't co-promote with each other.
That doesn't really mean anything to be honest, most people from the west unless hardcore fans only know a few mma fighters name. ONE does muay thai and kickboxing too so it isn't just mma. ONE is actively becoming competition for UFC. The hardcores are aware of ONE and their fighters. Casuals know UFC and only a few fighters names. Once other stars start getting made in other promotions that will be when things start to shift. Boxing it's about the fighters and not the promotions. MMA is still about the promotions, so it'll take awhile for that shift. But for the shfit to happen stars need to be made and Bellators model needs to change or it will always be looked at us under UFC.

Jake Paul is a much bigger name than most mma fighters right now. It just shows you star power matters and not really the promotion. Jake Paul has never fought for any mma promotion and he's doing 1.5 million PPV numbers. No real amateur career or anything of that sort of working his way the rankings. So there are a lot of different ways to get interest in your name/brand/etc without being in a promotion.

But for mma fighters they don't have options like Triller unless they are willing to box pro boxers. So it's about promotions for mma fighters and ONE is another avenue to go to just like Bellator. ONE is actively trying to put up an image of having the best fighters in the world. Even if it isn't true they are going for that narrative, something Bellator isn't doing.

That doesn't really mean anything to be honest, most people from the west unless hardcore fans only know a few mma fighters name. ONE does muay thai and kickboxing too so it isn't just mma. ONE is actively becoming competition for UFC. The hardcores are aware of ONE and their fighters. Casuals know UFC and only a few fighters names. Once other stars start getting made in other promotions that will be when things start to shift. Boxing it's about the fighters and not the promotions. MMA is still about the promotions, so it'll take awhile for that shift. But for the shfit to happen stars need to be made and Bellators model needs to change or it will always be looked at us under UFC.

Jake Paul is a much bigger name than most mma fighters right now. It just shows you star power matters and not really the promotion. Jake Paul has never fought for any mma promotion and he's doing 1.5 million PPV numbers. No real amateur career or anything of that sort of working his way the rankings. So there are a lot of different ways to get interest in your name/brand/etc without being in a promotion.

But for mma fighters they don't have options like Triller unless they are willing to box pro boxers. So it's about promotions for mma fighters and ONE is another avenue to go to just like Bellator. ONE is actively trying to put up an image of having the best fighters in the world. Even if it isn't true they are going for that narrative, something Bellator isn't doing.
Not saying it's impossible but no mma promotion since Strikeforce has had someone I'd consider a star outside of the UFC. The UFC has had very few of them their selves. I disagree about Bellator. They don't have the depth the UFC does but they're certainly on par with the UFC talent wise at the top of some of their divisions. I'd like to see a promotion put on competitive fights, actually match make according to the rankings, stay away from the so called money fights and try to put on a better show than the UFC.

In another post here I had already said that journeyman wasn't the best description. Just not champ material so a move to Bellator was a wise move. Jan leveled up, Corey stayed the same

I hear you. I just think it depends on the opponent. He could definitely beat Glover again.

Myles Jury is getting 125k flat fee from Bellator, thats a guaranteed 500k for 4 fights. Am I the only one who thinks they way overpaying Jury? Its not like he is getting droves of new fans to the promotion. And he still has the audacity to wonder whether he will renew his contract or not, as if the UFC would even offer him anywhere near that type of money.

Dana doesn't care about fighters, that's why most of them have to make OnlyFans accounts lol

Rory made 400k per fight in Bellator, Rory made 59k against Lawler in the UFC

Sergio also said he's making way more in Bellator than UFC

If I'm a fighter and I"m not generational like Khabib or Jon JOnes, I'm going to bellator. or some other promotion. Where I can maximize my earnings and even the playing field. I'm glad magomedov and usman nurmagomedov went to bellator and went after the money first.

Micheal Chandler did it right. He got the money, and actually force the ufc to pay more to get him out of his restricted free agent. More people need to do the way chandler did it instead of doing it in reverse, because the ufc fucks you eventually.

If I'm a fighter and I"m not generational like Khabib or Jon JOnes, I'm going to bellator. or some other promotion. Where I can maximize my earnings and even the playing field. I'm glad magomedov and usman nurmagomedov went to bellator and went after the money first.

Micheal Chandler did it right. He got the money, and actually force the ufc to pay more to get him out of his restricted free agent. More people need to do the way chandler did it instead of doing it in reverse, because the ufc fucks you eventually.
Then you are a fool. It's the other way around for a reason. Bellator only pays him that much because he is a ranked UFC fighter. Bellator fighters get paid shit. Look at this:
upload_2021-4-21_11-12-1-png.848925

Adam Borics is getting paid 2.250. That's insane. The dude is 16-1 and 8-1 in Bellator only losing the a Bellator champion in Caldwell. How much money could he be getting in sponsors to compensate what he is losing by not being in the UFC already?

in UFC, in the WORST SCENARIO, he would get 12k to show, 4k for media duties and 4k from venum. That's 20k guaranteed. And if he wins, it's 32k. And if there is a bonus, it's 82k. This is the worst contract possible you will get in UFC.

But even without the bonus, 32k against 2,25k plus sponsors. Sam Alvey claimed that the most he got before Reebok was only 6.100. And you wonder why people want to be in the UFC? He has been in Bellator for 4 years, fought 9 times. How much more time does it take? lol

And Chandler didn't "do it right". For a long time, people claimed he was the best 155er in the world and he was getting 200k in Bellator. If he had been a champ in the UFC he would have made a lot more. He has been at the top for 10 years, now he is old, past his prime, and still has what it takes to be a UFC champ lol

tldr: the competition in Bellator is as tough as in the UFC but the pay is significantly WORSE if you are not an ex ranked UFC fighter.

U Fight Cheap

Back